Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Muffler Swap Appointment and while i had a few minutes arriving early i thought i give her a quick bath and interior clean which did not last the day before the rain came in but it had gone 6 months with one so it was due. Maintenance of the wrap is so nice vs the satin black paint underneath.

Also put in a easy install tablet seat bolt mount (Got the Asus Infinity Pad a couple of days ago and enjoying it a lot so far)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a Muffler Swap Appointment and while i had a few minutes arriving early i thought i give her a quick bath and interior clean which did not last the day before the rain came in but it had gone 6 months with one so it was due. Maintenance of the wrap is so nice vs the satin black paint underneath.

Also put in a easy install tablet seat bolt mount (Got the Asus Infinity Pad a couple of days ago and enjoying it a lot so far)

·
Registered
40,856 Posts

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Looking good. Really like the shaved doors. Curious how do you open your doors? I was thinking of trying to use a token to arm my truck and a button to start. Basically use a remote to open the doors. No token nothing works.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.

Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
Looking good. Really like the shaved doors. Curious how do you open your doors? I was thinking of trying to use a token to arm my truck and a button to start. Basically use a remote to open the doors. No token nothing works.
Personally i miss my handles but being the truck had been broken into twice in public (2nd time the passenger handle was on the ground)i wanted to remove that scenario.
There is also some modification needed so you can pass tech (YMMV. Its fun but it has its hassles.

I have a relay from the door popper actuator to remote aux channel so it pops when i press the aux on my remote. Same with Passenger door via aux 2 channel.
Have a hot button on the interior to press and it pops the passenger door open so i dont have to lean over the other side to open the door on the inside.

have a manual release cable hidden from view that i use in case of emergency.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Originally posted by SLT8:
Oh and i got this in the mail this morning. Whoo Hoo
Sounds like you have it worked out. Back in the day we used toe buttons. It'll be a while until I can get a plate frame, just don't get many miles anymore.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the poppers have been holding up for about 2 years. In that time i would say i have been locked out about 4-5 due to operator error (leaving keys in truck) which is when the hidden release cable comes in handy.

Truck does not get much miles anymore either but its still refreshing when i do drive the Pumpkin.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I have the long Magnaflow SI/DO, it has gotten progressively louder over the last 2 years. But I still prefer it to others I heard.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts