Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
316 Posts
That whole forum is BS, just went through about 7 pages and all anyone does is argue back and Forth, and no one made a good point until someone reiterated the question. Seems people are A. full of $hit or B. extremely biased and don't want to change. If your motor is going to blow a head gasket no tech is going to tell you "Oh ya that's what they do", you're out of your effing mind. People griping about the rear coil springs, when they provide a better ride quality and can still hold their own when you need to tow, the difference between the rear leaf spring and rear coil set up isn't that big of a difference really. And when you factor in a daily trip to Home Depot or a weekend trip with the boat, they'll both do the work just fine.

·
Administrator
5,879 Posts
Well said Steve

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I would say it is probably BS, I can't imagine someone telling on himself in that manner.

·
Team Spankintime
530 Posts
Well for one the 5.0 is slow i smoked mustangs with the 5.0 easily, and that was before my upgrades. 2 my gf had the eddie bower edition ford explorer with the 5.0 in it, it was 4x4 too smoked that car as well. That was also before my upgrades. I beat upgraded fox body mustangs and they were supercharged and i was stock and 1000 lbs heavier. I have seen hemi rams beat those Ford trucks with ease. But i do think the turbo charged f150's are nice idea. I talked to a guy who was racing his and it was nice. He said he was getting great gas mileage. Although he did say he would prefer the hemi rams over his f150. I do think they are very biast and need to get there heads out there tush and get there own opinion, not go off of someone elses opinion.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Storytime; I think it the year before last I was at a 1/8 mile track and playing with the mustangs when a guy came in with a brand new ford truck 150 something and really was keen on racing me. I agreed and told him straight up the Ram was modified with stock heads and block. I didn't know how it would do so I made a seriou run, it was embrassing. I had turn on to the return road when he finally trapped. What a joke. He was mad and left shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
279 Posts
He said he owned a hemi truck in 01. That is proof he is lying and has no clue what he is talking about sense that is impossible.

·
Team Spankintime
530 Posts
Originally posted by StanCab05:
He said he owned a hemi truck in 01. That is proof he is lying and has no clue what he is talking about sense that is impossible.
I was thinking the same thing.... But i wasn't to sure if they had hemi rams in the years he said so i didn't want to say anything and look like an idiot....didn't they throw hemi's in the rams in 06? Isn't that when they came out with the 5.7L hemi and the 6.1L hemi as well for the srt's?

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
40,856 Posts

·
David
2,232 Posts
What a joke. Both of my bosses own F150 ecoboost trucks. They do not get much better gas mileage than the new Ram. And if they run 87 gas the mpg goes way down.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some good points, missed the 2001 Hemi part. I have done a lot of reading on F150 forums as of late (A good friend who sells Fords is determined to sell me one). The level of BS on their forums is surprising to me. They really don't have that bad a truck in many ways but I feel the Ram is a better truck and value. Who knows what I'll drive next but I'm sure it won't be an Ecoboost. Was in a 2013 Lariat last night and it felt cheap after the Longhorn.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have to admit I like the Raptor. That is the only truck I would even considar other than a Ram though.

·
Registered
10,403 Posts
I have to admit I like the Raptor. That is the only truck I would even considar other than a Ram though.
Have you looked at the price tag on one of those yet?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like mentioned above in an earlier post....I don't understand the whole...."COIL SPRUNG REAR SUSPENSIONS ARE BAD!!" mentality at all!!....all modern railroad rolling stock uses coils and so does our military/GM Hummer's and Humvee's!!! People are so narrow minded and stubborn that they have no clue what the hell they are talking about!

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
iv posted this picture before but i think it shows how well the coils hold thier own...this is over 8k on a reg cab short box....suck on that ford

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
with all these great post....I use to own a what is that other truck again?
I had a very bad experience on the highway with their product, so I kindly left it on the side of the road for them to come and pick up....

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts