Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3200 stall Edge converter for a 545RFE. Approx. 25K miles on it. $150 plus shipping, PM me if interested.

Mark G Senior Member
I am interested.. only a few questions what was the condition of your transmission when you pulled the torque converter out how did the fluid look?

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
transmission was fine and had fluid changes about every 25K miles. Never had any issues with it, I just pulled it out because
I installed the 8 speed. this is the fluid that came out of the converter, roughly 20K miles on it.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want all of this stuff out of my garage! I will throw this cooler and fan in with the converter.

Mark G Senior Member
I think you're going to have to find somebody local to you. Because if I were to buy it I would need to have it sent back to the manufacturer and gone through it. I spoke with them today it'd be around $180 minimum just to cut it open and do a inspection and put it back together again, and that would not include any parts. with the shipping from Canada to the manufacturer he said that's about $125 and then shipping to me here in Florida is another $65 and then if I give you $150 it doesn't take long for it to add up as where a brand new one is $610.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you're going to have to find somebody local to you. Because if I were to buy it I would need to have it sent back to the manufacturer and gone through it. I spoke with them today it'd be around $180 minimum just to cut it open and do a inspection and put it back together again, and that would not include any parts. with the shipping from Canada to the manufacturer he said that's about $125 and then shipping to me here in Florida is another $65 and then if I give you $150 it doesn't take long for it to add up as where a brand new one is $610.

why are you even looking on here if you think people are selling junk parts?

Mark G Senior Member
why are you even looking on here if you think people are selling junk parts?
I didn't say you were selling junk parts! It would actually be a good deal for somebody local to you who would not have to pay for all of the shipping, and did not care if the converter was serviced or not. I would be sticking this thing in a brand spanking new transmission and for me the torque converter would need to be redone.... Hopefully you will find someone that can use it. Good luck!

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonder how much the shipping would cost from there to Florida?

i am not sure who you would want to use for shipping, but the converter weighs 42 lbs, and the fan and cooler weigh two each. I can probably get a bit of fluid out of the converter, but the difference would likely only be a few ounces.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes of course

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes it is for the 545RFE

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Price shipped to 84414??

the package weight will be about 50-52 pounds and will measure around 20x14x14 inches. I am not sure which carrier you would want to use, my postal code is S7L3S2 if you want to get a quote from a particular carrier. the post office online calculator says 100 bucks usd for these dimensions.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sold

Reactions: arocketman
1 - 17 of 17 Posts