Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I’m looking into getting a 2018 or newer Durango for the wife. I see that the RT Hemi in the Durango is weaker in hp/tq vs the ram, so my question is is there any difference between these two motors other than programming? I would like to do intake, Borla cat back exhaust and a tune. Would like it to get both hp and tq to 400-420. I think Durango rt comes in at 360hp and 390tq. Are these safe numbers for long term reliability? Could I go higher with the 3 mentioned mods above?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum..

·
Red Trucker
247 Posts
Durango has a car style eagle hemi, it doesn't have the active intake. There are minor differences in cam timing and tuning but not enough to really amount to much. It's that intake that makes the biggest difference.

·
Administrator
5,879 Posts
I had an 03 ram with cai, exhaust, programmer, 392 gears, performance plugs and wires and my bone stock 2011 hemi durango would smoke my old ram and my durango has 148K miles on it. I can't wait for the cai and exhaust mod to really wake her up.

Reactions: HemiLonestar

·
John
4,091 Posts
Hey so I’m looking into getting a 2018 or newer Durango for the wife. I see that the RT Hemi in the Durango is weaker in hp/tq vs the ram, so my question is is there any difference between these two motors other than programming? I would like to do intake, Borla cat back exhaust and a tune. Would like it to get both hp and tq to 400-420. I think Durango rt comes in at 360hp and 390tq. Are these safe numbers for long term reliability? Could I go higher with the 3 mentioned mods above?
:thumb::WelcomeBanner1::cowboy1_icon:

·
Red Trucker
247 Posts
I had an 03 ram with cai, exhaust, programmer, 392 gears, performance plugs and wires and my bone stock 2011 hemi durango would smoke my old ram and my durango has 148K miles on it. I can't wait for the cai and exhaust mod to really wake her up.
More cam, more compression, better heads and intake plus VVT and less weight. Without some more serious modification that poor old 03 wouldn't stand a chance lol

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
:welcome-0005a: to HTC! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts