Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me as I feel I have run out of ideas. I have been struggling with this for weeks.

I have a 2015 ram 1500 with a driver door lock that won't work electronically. Works manually.

I've replaced the actuator with a doorman actuator. No luck. No lock or unlock by button or fob. All others work.

Here is all of what I've done and checked;

1) I removed all the tape and inspected all wires in the door leading to the boot and connectors in the door jamb to the body. No wires seem visibly damaged.

2) Replaced actuator with no change.

3) Scanned for codes and got b128c "all door lock control, open circuit, last test positive, error intermittent, warning lamp on.

4) My door locks seem to be acting strange. Sometimes they don't respond unless I press the button a couple times. And sometimes if I unlock and lock a few times in a row they stop working for several seconds. I can't really remember if this is normal or not.

5) not sure if related or not but I have an intermittent TPMS sensor dropping in and out on the front passenger side.

6) I can't think of what could have caused this, but just for full disclosure I did a DIY factory remote start install. I used AlphaOBD. Possibly related if I did something wrong? Not sure when it started happening.

I haven't checked the door switch as I assume it controls all the doors and the rest work... Could the switch be sending seperate unlock signals to each door? Is this something I should check.

Very lost here and any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,843 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the HEMI Truck Club Forum. Enjoy your Ride and the Site.
You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you.
Glad you could join us!

How old is the Trucks battery? These MOPARS get really stupid when the battery has an issue. :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and Welcome to the HEMI Truck Club Forum. Enjoy your Ride and the Site.
You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you.
Glad you could join us!

How old is the Trucks battery? These MOPARS get really stupid when the battery has an issue. :unsure:
The battery actually died the other day so maybe it needs to be replaced. But I've done some long rides with it and you would think the problem would be intermittent if that was the case? I'll go try a new battery anyway to rule it out!!

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Welcome from a member from Wesley Chapel, FL. Our members are always willing to share their experiences with most everything you will want to do to your pride and joy. Hopefully you will get to meet others in your area who share the love of our trucks. We hope that at some point you will come out to one of our “get togethers” and meet like minded fans. Good to see what others have done to their ride whether it is a work in progress, show truck or a daily driver. We welcome all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My tailgate lock has now stopped working. I tried changing the BCM and the tailgate worked momentarily and stopped again. Driver door and tailgate now do not actuate electrically.

Anymore ideas anyone ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other 3 locks are working correctly?
Yes. But now the tailgate lock stopped working. I tried changing the BCM with one from a salvage yard and the tailgate worked momentarily and then stopped again.

I'm so lost here. If someone is willing to help me I would even pay them

·
Administrator
18,143 Posts
Check the driver door lock actuator wires for power when you hit lock or unlock. Make sure it’s full battery voltage and not something lower. Test it unplugged. Best way honestly is to make up a small light and pigtail deal so you can see how bright the light gets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts