Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happen to have some lift shackles? i can get a good deal on a new mcgaughys coils an flip kit but doesnt have the shackles an not really wanting to ride 2/6

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Happen to have some lift shackles? i can get a good deal on a new mcgaughys coils an flip kit but doesnt have the shackles an not really wanting to ride 2/6

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I thought on a flip kit you use your stock shackles

·
Registered
904 Posts
Originally posted by 04sthemi:
I've been told it gives you a 6in drop if you do?
It does indeed on a McGaughy's, 100% positive. I'm not sure with other brands, though. Lift shackles from McGaughy's will net you either 4" or 4.5" depending on which hole you use in the shackle. Stock shackles will give 6" in the rear and drop shackles will give you 7.5". I've got A LOT of experience with dropping the 3rd gens. lol

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would look into a c-notch and a 1" block for sure Mario. The best ride I had was a 3/5 with the c-notch!

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I remember your 02 rode rough w/o the notch an great with one. Ill have to look into that an shocks as well

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I happen to find a guy on dt that has lift shackles an is looking for lowering ones. So I just gotta take mine off an ship em. now for shocks..

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
I do have a small mig welder. Just need a good 120v, 30amp outlet.

What mod are you wanting to do Mario? C-notch? Raising you spring perches to lower your truck?

·
Stu
21,131 Posts
I have the 2" lowering spindles but, would rather have the springs. When I do get around to slamming my truck. Looking to use control arms, and springs in the front.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'll see if I can weld them up at work for you. Hopefully the shop will be empty on an upcoming Friday afternoon.

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just gotta wait for the shackles to come in the mail.. An stop procrastinate on the the shocks

·
Registered
904 Posts
Still haven't ordered them yet?! Stop putting it off, next thing you know you will have spent that money elsewhere. Some where it really isn't necessary.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts