Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab hemisport
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 20 years ago my Dad had an ex USAF 1972 D100 Dodge pickup, we loved that Truck was a real work horse, I learnt to drive in it it moved us to the house we are in now and my mum and Dad out of there house towed endless cars and trailers.
The time came when Dad had to sell and down size to a more economical vehicle, well the Truck was originally bought for £100 and sold for £500 to a very happy guy in a town about 12 miles away, we heard from people I see your Dads old Truck the other day and for a couple of years then nothing it just disappeared.
Recently I searched the reg number on the Internet and found it was still being used!!! I tried to find the owner to see what condition it was in but just came to dead ends, so just left it at that. So wensday night I pickup the IPad looking for a new air filter for my Truck I thought I would just search in Dodge pickups see what's kicking about , so the first pic that comes up is a Black 1972 Dodge :eek: looked and the reg number and there it is Dads old Truck could not believe what I'm seeing, popped round My dads and showed him his old Truck he too was surprised to see it . So I spoke to the guy seems the truck has been on a big adventure all over the U.K from top to bottom!!!

It was great to see it still around and been restored. Kinda weird that about a month before I was looking and it was no were to be found. Not sure about buying it back with a £5000 price tag . :facepalm:

·
Matt
2,658 Posts
That's a cool story! :D I don't wonder what happened to my first car. I hope it died the death it deserved. I hated that thing lol :rofl:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We all have had a car we hate and are glad to get shot of !!!

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I too like the old iron, I say go for it....

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Only one problem the £5000!!! Lol
What is that in dollars? $7800?
Old iron if in nice condition only get more expensive as they get older.... It's an investment lol,,,,

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
:eek:ld-025::iagree: nothing wrong with old iron :thumb:

:dance:

:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes about that give or take a couple of dollars, I total agree about the price of old stuff, like I said my Dad only paid £100 or $350!!! Lol

If I had the cash to buy it back it would be sat on my drive right now.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Rebuilding is easily big money. Engine $6500, trans $2500, paint $2000, interior $1500. It is easy to run up the tally on fixing them up. To find one already done for $7500 is a bargain. Just saying.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts