Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course my glovebox tag says DSA Anti-Spin, but how do I know for sure if I have Trac Lok or not so I can get the friction modifier?

I'm about to go to the dealer and see if I can get a build sheet, but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course my glovebox tag says DSA Anti-Spin, but how do I know for sure if I have Trac Lok or not so I can get the friction modifier?

I'm about to go to the dealer and see if I can get a build sheet, but any advice would be appreciated.

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
The Anti-Spin is a limited slip. You can add the friction modifier.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The service manual says that the friction modifier should ONLY be added to the Trac Lok. How do I know definitively if I have the Trac Lok vs. the non-Trac Lok LSD?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Take the cover off and inspect the differential unit. Do you think it has been changed?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Best way to tell... Do a burnout and see if theres 2 tire marks. If there is you got trac lock!!

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
This question is usually followed with "what gear ratio" do I have?

Put the rear axle on jack stands and mark the tire and drive shaft with chalk and turn the tire one complete turn and count the turns of the drive shaft. Need to block the off side tire for the count. If both tires turn in the same direction it has limited slip, if the tires turn opposite direction it is open. Or look in the glove box for a sticker or submit your VIN for the original build info. Of course just lighting them up is more fun...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts