Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we have an even dozen, five dogs and seven cats. I pick this guy up tomorrow. Wish I could bring 'em all home.

Dog Cabinetry Carnivore Dog breed Working animal

This is the pic the shelter posted. "Enzo" already looks better. I took Sadie for a meet 'n' greet today. Aside from some posturing, they did well. This poor guy came in as a stray, filthy and covered with various dog excretions, like some a$$hole had kept him in a box. Even through all that, he's friendly and out-going. He's about eight months old.

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
Well done! I have a rescued dog who doesn't leave my side.. not sure who rescued who..
Dog Carnivore Working animal Dog breed Fawn

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,814 Posts
Anyone else experience a knot on your forehead after being under your truck and getting an unexpected cold wet nose in your ear?

Asking for a friend. Hahaha.

·
Administrator
18,090 Posts
Yep! Worst yet is you bang your head on the truck then react to that and smash your head on the floor only to react to that and hot the truck again like a damn pinball game! A few times I looked liked I was beaten with a small ball peen hammer lol!

·
Greg
20,114 Posts
If I'm on the floor that must mean I want to play and I get a thorough face washing... my dog seriously needs a mint..

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get the "DADDY'S HOME!!!!" dog pandemonium even if I just went to work. Only gone about nine hours, but to them, it's days.

"Enzo" may become "Hemi". Kate reminded me today that I'd said that more than once if I got a boy Pittie. He also has chevrons on his back and service bars on his haunches. Maybe "Sarge"?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Enzo", "Hemi", etc. is now "Rocky". Friendly name, two hard consonants. "Hemi" is reserved for a blue pit when I find one.

Named for Rocky Road Ice Cream due to the chocolate, nuts and marshmallows coloring. His back bone, hips and ribs have almost vanished. He gets along very well with the cats. Still too food-protective. Picking up proper behavior from Rosie and Sadie.

·
Stu
21,535 Posts
One of our family members has fallen on hard times. We'll be taking in their dog and cat. My Daughter is moving so we're going to have her dog as well. Four dogs, two indoor cats with one outdoor cat. This place is going to get crazy for a little while....

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Today, we had our first line of thunderstorms rumble through since Rocky came home. Kate said he just slept through it. At that age, our Rosie-girl would have been trying to dig through the slab.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Working animal

Some of you met her at the Big Daddy's event some years ago. She's so deaf now, she doesn't hear the thunder.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts