Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm chasing a P0700 and a P0732 DTC. Trans Oil is fine and before I drop a pan for a filter and fluid change I would de-tune the TCM to see if the P0732 pops up again. So I switch from TCM Custom tune to Diablo TCM canned tune.

Drove and all is well other than hitting the rev limiter. No DTC's.
The ECM tune needs to have the rev's dropped.

Plug in the Diablo and it searches for some time and tells me "No ECUs Found. Check Ignition Key". 30 minutes ago it allowed my access.

Rinse and repeat. Same message. I count to ten and try again.
"No ECUs Found. Check Ignition Key".

There is an ECU and the key is positioned correctly.
Anyone have any ideas? :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Damn Diablows. Is it possible you hit the flash limit of the PCM? Or maybe the OBDII plug is the culprit?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Does the diablo power up when plugged in?

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
Dammit man here we go again think your 2005 just blew its trans tune ability. Does the tuner auto power when plugged into the truck like it did before. Also go to diagnostics and see if it will show you the crom file names after that try loading tune back in.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Tuner does power up when plugged in.

I'll try the Diagnostics.

Thinking about a Battery disconnect for a PCM kick.

Time for a Trans transplant.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
On my 05 a battery reset was a waste of time. Do a fuse pull reset to clear anything that may have happen during the Diablo load. Then try diagnostics and show calid's and back out to load a tune. (It should show Pcm and Tcm calid's.) If it gives you the check key again just cycle the key again. (this was a known problem for the 05's) Good Luck!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike, this is a i1 we're dealing with.
I should have an opportunity today to toy around with it and yes, I will send you a file to look at.

Thanks everyone.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update:
Device is talking to the truck again. :dance:
Thank you Mike for taking the time to review the info file.:thumb::thumb:

So after a time consuming device update, clicking my heels together three times and giving the OBDII an extra wiggle we had success connecting.

Never did find where I might locate diagnostics to show calid's on the tuner.

Any who..............knocked the rev limit down on the PCM tune for what that's worth. Do we suspect the trans for allowing the high rev? Throwing codes and what not.:sad:

·
Registered
911 Posts
On i1000, go to settings/tool info then I think its listed as vehicle info?
One of those menus will show VIN and calid. I havent used an I1 in years...

You can also open the info file and it will show the VIN and calid if needed.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumb::thumb:

Yup. I found and saw all that. Thanks Mike.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do we suspect the trans going out for allowing the high rev?
Throwing codes and what not.:sad:

Throwing out the thought of turbo removal for transmission life extension.:eek:

It's time to swap this SharaDon for something else I believe. :icon_peace:

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Of course what you do is totally a personal choice, but IMO pulling your turbo to save the trans is a lost cause. And a 46rh isn't for every truck as it takes more to drive it and is less refined than a 545. And then there's the 4L80... both strong and refined as the controller used.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yeah the 545 is gonna be history one way or another.

What is the major difference between the 46rh and the 4L80?

I'll be purchasing one or the other. :coolsmiley:

If it's not too much trouble throw me a couple of purchase option links.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
The basic history is 89' 727, 90'-93' A518, 94'-95' 46rh, 96'-02' 46re. After that the 545rfe. They came with two bell housing bolt pattern, sm block and big block. Our hemi shares the small block bolt patten which allows any of these to bolt up to the hemi. The 46rh is hydraulic controlled the 46re requires a a rudimentary tcm. The 46rh requires fabricating a TV Cable to regulate shift pressures. Theres two ways to do this. If manual vb is chosen the TV Cable is not needed. First three gears controlled by the vb. Od and converter lockup are controlled by solenoid that are on switches. The oem cross member and driveshaft are direct swap. To complete this swap a 05 manul trans starter and/or 46rh starter is needed along with special flex plate or 1/8" bell housing shim to give the torque converter clearance. I already had a floor shifter that fitted right up. This swap is really no more trouble than a regular trans replacement.
As for the 4l80 concersion it would be best to read the thread where it was recently done.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts