Hemi Truck Club banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
It's my plan also, old body on a modern truck chassis. Unfortunately I haven't really found a good looking older mopar truck. Will have to put a ford or chevy body on it :eek::eek: !!
-----------------------------------------
If not MOPAR then you can't do better in my book than a 1940 Ford PU with ALL the modern goodies. Recently saw one go for $140K :thumb:

:D

·
Truck of the year 2014
642 Posts
My favorite is the 54 dodge! A modern chassis with a hemi!!!AWESOME!!! Really any of the 50's dodge trucks would be fun!

This one is nice!!

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
1st gen is an acquired taste.... lol

Now Greg, that 2 tone doesn't look all that bad. Also, the front end reminds me of my 85 Dakota. i don't recall ever seeing them in 2 tone. Not too shabby. :thumb:

·
Registered
Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab hemisport
487 Posts
I like the first gen Rams they look real nice, but that 54 is a good looking truck would make a good street sleeper.:brows:

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
IMO, the 54 makes for classic street rod, especially with a slight chop. The 1st gen following is more of a cult following. lol...

·
James
1,498 Posts
My favorite is something no one else has or hasnt seen a lot of. I enjoy being different, which is why my favorite is a 1967 Dodge D100 Sweptline. I've tried finding one and doing a full standalone setup with my motor. I think it would be bad ***.

Attachments

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I agree, they are sweet. Had one on Craigslist not long ago. It was original and I believe it was in NC.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I did find out that here in Virginia the year of the truck is the year of the chassis. which means that I could have a 06 dodge truck with a 54 body!!!!

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
That would make an interesting ride.

·
Enormous Member
1,154 Posts
you guys serious about wanting a 54, I know where there is one real close to my house. Been sitting for years

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
you guys serious about wanting a 54, I know where there is one real close to my house. Been sitting for years
Believe me if I was back to work I'd be all over it!!!! But till the doc gives the OK I'm stuck.:sad:

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I'm pretty keen on a friends Model A at the moment. Going to inspect tomorrow morning...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts