Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after over a month of stereo swapping, I now have a full Kicker component swap, Alpine headunit, and finally a Kicker KX350.2 powering a Kicker 12" Comp VR. The sub is rated for 400RMS and the amp birth sheet had it tested at 360RMS so a pretty good matchup. Sounds great. Had to modify the seat brackets though since I upped the size of the sub from a 10" to a 12". I think I had to do that the last time as well. But it all worked out well. And worked first try. Didn't forget or screw up a single thing. Took about a final 3 hours tonight to run all the wire for the amp, mount the sub in and modify the seat bracketry, and paint it. Not too bad. Hope you guys like it! I am just going to post pics of the amp wall and sub here since my component stuff is all posted in my other post.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, after over a month of stereo swapping, I now have a full Kicker component swap, Alpine headunit, and finally a Kicker KX350.2 powering a Kicker 12" Comp VR. The sub is rated for 400RMS and the amp birth sheet had it tested at 360RMS so a pretty good matchup. Sounds great. Had to modify the seat brackets though since I upped the size of the sub from a 10" to a 12". I think I had to do that the last time as well. But it all worked out well. And worked first try. Didn't forget or screw up a single thing. Took about a final 3 hours tonight to run all the wire for the amp, mount the sub in and modify the seat bracketry, and paint it. Not too bad. Hope you guys like it! I am just going to post pics of the amp wall and sub here since my component stuff is all posted in my other post.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Looks good congrats!!!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Nice work

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
good job,

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Looks good man. I am glad that you were able to make the box work for you.
I guess when they build them for the 12's the move the cutout a little farther forward to clear the brackets.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess it was you I got it from. Took me a minute to cross reference the DT and HTC members....lol. Thanks again. I am not sure if that is what he does or not. I looked at that when it became a problem, and it doesn't seem like there would be enough room to do that unless you almost butt it up right to the terminal plugs. I can't remember well enough on my first one to know if I had to do it or not. Only took about 10 min. I already had the seats popped loose to install it anyways. Easier than fishing blindly for the 6 bolts to get the stock one out in my opinion. I can flip the seats back in about 30 sec with a 1/2" air impact. Then you are looking at all the nuts. Sounds like more work, but in reality is probably a LOT quicker.

·
Administrator
5,879 Posts
Looks awesome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts