Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a clunk feeling when coming to a stop? It does it every time. Worried something might be going on with the drivetrain.

I have a 2010 crewcab bighorn 4x4.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone noticed a clunk feeling when coming to a stop? It does it every time. Worried something might be going on with the drivetrain.

I have a 2010 crewcab bighorn 4x4.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Clunk when coming to a stop

Yes, I feel a clunk when I bring my truck to a stop. It is kind of delayed clunk. I put a bottle of ZMAX transmission additive in and it now only does it once in a while. I heard the transmission parts inside are so tight (that's a good thing) that it will take a while for them to loosen up.

·
Registered
866 Posts
i feel the same thing . almost feels like the trans gets hung up and then finally shifts back down to 1st after you are stopped .

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I have a slight clunk when coming off of gas. Mine is a DDT clunk not transmission. Are you sure it's transmission?

·
Registered
866 Posts
whats a ddt ? i am not positive but it def feels like something in the drivetrain .a few times it actually nudged forward a little if my foot was on the brake lightly . i was told its something with the 33 gal gas tanks that i could understand if you came to an abrupt stop and the gas swooshed back and forth but this happens after i am stopped for a while at a light .

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
whats a ddt ? i am not positive but it def feels like something in the drivetrain .a few times it actually nudged forward a little if my foot was on the brake lightly . i was told its something with the 33 gal gas tanks that i could understand if you came to an abrupt stop and the gas swooshed back and forth but this happens after i am stopped for a while at a light .
DDT = Detroit True Trac differential

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's the gas in the gas tank sloshing around. After you fill it up and run it down to almost 3/4 of a tank, the gas sloshes around and it kind of bangs up against the tank when you come to a stop. The newer trucks have baffles in the tanks to stop the clunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts