Hemi Truck Club banner
1761 - 1772 of 1772 Posts

·
Chris
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,763 ·
How do you like the Nag1 trans? And I found out most of the chargers came with an open differential so that sucks too

·
Red Trucker
339 Posts
How do you like the Nag1 trans? And I found out most of the chargers came with an open differential so that sucks too
Getrag swap, easy peasy. This one was out of a 2013 SRT and went into the 06 R/T I had at the time (which is now in a 2005 Magnum R/T). Pick your flavor of 3.06, 3.73 or 3.92 (factory ratios) with mechanical LSD. Sold an extra one last year lol.

Check with Cleveland PAP, they have these things all the time (unless you really wanna spend the $$ on new). You'll need the diff, hubs, axles & 392 giubo (non-negotiable). Also it has a much longer front mount bolt so make sure that comes with it or you have to track one down (ask me how I know....). Then just a need a tuner to change the ratio in the TCM. Hit me up when you get one, I got parts galore for these lol.

·
Chris
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,766 ·
I’ll have to look into the diff swap one day. So today I picked up an ‘11 Charger R/T. I talked to our old friend Rick on the phone this week and I think when I get around to doing the motor, I’ll just swap the rotating assembly and my ported eagle heads to the new motor block. I’ll have to change the tone ring and overbore the block .030 for the stroker kit. And get a new VVT cam for it. For right now I got a 6.4 hemi cam sitting in the stock pile so I might swap that in when I have a free weekend

·
Red Trucker
339 Posts
I’ll have to look into the diff swap one day. So today I picked up an ‘11 Charger R/T. I talked to our old friend Rick on the phone this week and I think when I get around to doing the motor, I’ll just swap the rotating assembly and my ported eagle heads to the new motor block. I’ll have to change the tone ring and overbore the block .030 for the stroker kit. And get a new VVT cam for it. For right now I got a 6.4 hemi cam sitting in the stock pile so I might swap that in when I have a free weekend View attachment 49580
There ya go....FYI factory 392 is a drop in (through 12 or 13, newer ones have a different tone wheel) and gives you apache heads..... Just a heads up if it ever comes up, because there wasn't an SRT that year for that platform, neither AlfaOBD nor TAZER will enable SRT pages or anything (software isn't there) like that unless the Uconnect (and cluster, if I recall correctly) are updated to 2012 or newer. Good thing getting an LD is that the Getrag swap is even easier (don't need hubs). Car 392 manifold swap is a good (and popular) swap on these, goes especially well with a 392 cam in the eagle 5.7.

·
Chris
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,768 ·
Yeah I’m gonna keep my eyes out for a 6.4 intake manifold. Whenever I end up gutting the truck, I’ll swap the rotating assembly into the car eagle motor (after a .030 overbore), I’ll need the crank spacer and a new 58 tooth tone wheel from Manley. Then I’ll reuse my worked over Eagle heads. I wonder how well the Nag1 will hold up. So far I’m loving the car, it’s gonna be hard waiting to put the stroker in

·
Red Trucker
339 Posts
Yeah I’m gonna keep my eyes out for a 6.4 intake manifold. Whenever I end up gutting the truck, I’ll swap the rotating assembly into the car eagle motor (after a .030 overbore), I’ll need the crank spacer and a new 58 tooth tone wheel from Manley. Then I’ll reuse my worked over Eagle heads. I wonder how well the Nag1 will hold up. So far I’m loving the car, it’s gonna be hard waiting to put the stroker in
Missed me by about a month, sold the one I had to someone along with a spare rpm switch. Trans will hold up fine, stock factory 392 in the 12-14 with NAG1 is 470hp/470tq; mine has a tune but nothing else and haven't broken it yet lol. I'd say look into whether you can swap a similar year SRT TCM or getting a a custom tuned one; the performance calibration is very different.
Need some Brembos lol.....or at minimum, the BR9 setup.

·
Chris
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,770 ·
Yeah all this stuff is new to me on the charger setup, I’ve started reading a lot more on old forum posts to catch up.

·
Chris
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,771 ·
Well it’s been awhile since I’ve been around but the black truck is now officially dead and getting stripped. I bought an 08 mega cab this week to replace it. The 03 was just getting way too much rust and abuse from these northern winters. I’m deciding if I will put the stroker into this truck or not, I’ll probably just have the engine sit in the shop for awhile while I figure out what to use it in.
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

·
Red Trucker
339 Posts
Aww sorry to hear about the truck. You should sell the engine, I have a couple vehicles I could drop it in lol. All kidding aside it would do quite well in that truck, maybe a cam change and be like having a newer 6.4 truck. Get all that weight moving.

1761 - 1772 of 1772 Posts