Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief Howling Wolf
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my cabin air filter on my 2018/Ram.

What a terrible design for the access door. Two tiny tabs you are supposed to squeeze and remove the door.

It didn't want to come off, I nearly broke it off with a pry bar.

Have any of you had that much trouble removing it? The YouTube videos make it appear effortless.

·
Administrator
18,090 Posts
It’s actually very simple I do it with one hand. The tabs can be a little stubborn but they release. The 4th gen early models had a cutout but you had to get the filter kit from the dealer. When I changed my evap core I added the filter to mine because the core was black from dirt

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s actually very simple I do it with one hand. The tabs can be a little stubborn but they release. The 4th gen early models had a cutout but you had to get the filter kit from the dealer. When I changed my evap core I added the filter to mine because the core was black from dirt
I need help please. I want to replace cabin air filter on my 2016 Ram 1500 Hemi. There is no access door for filter. Video shows I have to cut open area to access filter and for fitting an access door.
Is this what I should do?

·
John
4,224 Posts
I find it hard to believe there would be a cabin air filter and it didn't have ready made easy access to the filter for replacement. Check with a local dealership to find out, or check your owners manual. Welcome to the Hemi Truck Club Forum.

·
Administrator
18,090 Posts
Factory there is no filter. There is a spot to you carefully with a razor knife. They sell a kit for a filter and a door at the dealer. I put one on my 2012 truck and do for all my customers that get evap cores done also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts