Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are buying a new truck here are some things that may help.
2010 ram 1500 quad cab
MSRP is about 108% of invoice
MSPR 40,000 invoice 36,800
the dealer still has hold back of about $1,200
if you can get 1/2 of that it is a great deal
then there are the rebates (check Dodge.com for your rebates.
Here there are $2,500 or 0%x60 or 1.9%x72 mo.
and a $2,000 rebate for using GMAC
so you can get a $2,000 rebate and 0%x60
or $2,500 and $2,000 using the rate you can get with your credit at GMAC
if you have a better rate at your bank or credit union you can refinance the total there when you get your first payment and still get the gmac money
This rate may be higher then a credit union or a bank you deal with.
Your best deal will depend on the total finance charges on the loan
If the charges are over $2,500 the payment will be higher then the 0%x60 (give up $2,500 and have no finance charges)
You may also get a rebate for milatary $500 or were you work may be with the rewards programs.
You could also have a rebate that comes to you in the mail. (those things you throw away)
So if your are looking at a new Dodge Truck. or any Chrysler Dodge or Jeep and you need a little help on what your best deal would be you can send me a PM or E-mail and I would be Happy to help you get your best desl even if you not going to buy it from me.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I dunno. I always thought just buying a model year older truck was better. My dad talked them down from 42,000 to 32,000 on his Duramax and they even had to bring it in from across the state.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts

Just bought mine and after reading your post I feel I did pretty good. But I had a very unique situation.

Good post for those in the market!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Thanks James for the info

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks James

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Thanks James - great info!

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I was wondering why it is that when you buy a truck that the dealer doesn't have (truck is at another dealership) that they seem to be able to give you a better deal?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have moved to our Thompson location in Edgewood Md. 410=679-1400

·
Registered
281 Posts
Im a big fan of buying slightly used trucks. I usally buy something 2 years or so old with less than 30000 miles. You can really save big money this way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts