Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the looks of them but not the price so I decided to build my own.

working out from the center

welded the gussets before I couldn't get to them any more and added a brace just so the ears would somewhat hold their shape during fitup

boxing it in

getting there

mocking up the outsides

with metal instead of cardboard

drivers side done

as I was cutting pieces for the drivers side I cut some for the passenger side also, so the second side went very quickly. The passenger side is about 1/4" lower than the drivers side, so tomarrow I'll tweak that and cut the ends off and make caps for them.

This has been a fun build, when I'm finished with the front I plan to make a rear also. To finish the front I have to cut off ends and make caps, cut in some fog lights, add a "baja" bar, mount some KC's and add recovery points. Still debating on a coating for it, I am torn between powder coat and spray on bedliner, I am leaning toward the bedliner only because I want to do my nerf bars also and I think the bedliner would be more durable....but who knows?

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
Looks like you did one hell of a job. Did you make it for a wench while you were at it, Warren or Ramsey?

I had a 10,000 lb Warren and it was fantastic. Carried a rear axle half, a sledge hammer, sntach block and some chain. I wasn't afraid to go anywhere.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by "RANCHER":
Looks like you did one hell of a job. Did you make it for a wench while you were at it, Warren or Ramsey?
there is definatly enough room for one but no plans for one right now....just wanted the tough look LOL

thanks for the compliments

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
10,010 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pic update

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
out freaking standing! Road Armor bumpers come to mind, and those sell for around $2000 for that style! well done!

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
about DAMN time!!!

with your wielding talents, I knew this was going to happen, I was just was waiting for it to happen...

Sweet!!!!

powered coat truck color would be my vote.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by madcat:
out freaking standing! Road Armor bumpers come to mind, and those sell for around $2000 for that style! well done!
It's actually a cross between a Road Armor and a Fab Fours bumper, I took the features I liked about both bumpers and incorperated them into one.

thanks for all the compliments guys!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
great work bud, i wish i knew you were working on this....

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by dline:
great work bud, i wish i knew you were working on this....
now you do! LOL

·
Registered
375 Posts
that looks great..good job..

·
Registered
861 Posts
Looks good. I wish that you were closer to me and maybe we could have hooked up on making a bumper for my Commander.

·
Registered
982 Posts
All I can say is WOW!!!

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is the finished bumper, I plan on one final fitting before sending it off for paint or powder coat.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I see a chance for some side money in your future!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts