Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just ordered full set of slotted with ceramic pads. I'll let you know after I put the front ones on first to test 'em out. Flash

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Wow, what a price...isn't that how much Powerslots/Hawks are for just the front?....I am curious to see how good these are....

Heck for the price, they have to be tons better than stock I would imagine, and at half the price....they would have to suck pretty bad not to justify that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That does seem like a good price. Please let us know how they perform.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased and installed them. I have had them for over a week now and quality of the product and customer service is top notch from this vendor. Time will tell if this is ultimately going to be a good product for me. I have found from other forums that folks owned them for a lot longer time with no issues.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Man, keep us posted....I am totally up for buying a full set of brakes for less than half cost of Powerslots/Hawks. did you notice a considerable difference in braking performance with them?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thats crazy I was just looking at EBAY and saw those and was like thats whay to good to be true...so i looked on HTC to see what people were using and here they were. Im really considering getting a set im sure there alot better then what I have now which has been a nightmare for the last 3 months as you can tell from previous posts. I just wish they had a longer warranty I hope that doesnt say something about the quality usually its a direct correlation but hey I guess will find out.

Does anyone know of good calipers the ones I got from Advance auto parts have a lifetime warranty but there crap im bout to have to get my third one form them.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Well, ordered a set of these for a buddies 2500 Hemi. Went to put them on today and the rotors were wrong....? didn't realize 8 lugs could vary, but they do.....Called BM and compared part numbers. Apparently the wrong rotors got boxed up. Had to just settle for a refund since the truck was already in the air. Had to run to Autozone and get a set of Duralasts. Still used the ceramics they sent me though. But unfortunately can't give you any thoughts on the rotors....bummer....

·
Registered
117 Posts
anyone else use these? I'm about to place the order for them but would like to get some more feedback on them...Thanks

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
I would like to know also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I did order them for my 1500 and they came in quickly, ~2 days but I didn't installed them. They do look really good and I started to install so they do fit.

Long story short after installing the drivers side rotors/pads I went to the passenger side and noticed the cause of the vibration while braking wasn't a warped rotor but rather a froze caliper piston. So I had to uninstall the new stuff and take it in under warranty. After new calipers/rotors/pads under warranty I decided to keep the new stuff until I eaither get new rims or I need to replace them.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I still have a little life left on my stock brakes. Although I just put the 22's on, so that may be short lived. My back brakes are actually in good shape, so it is a hard decision whether to go all the way around or just do the fronts....Hate to leave the backs since you can see the rotors so well with the new rims. Would look really good. And if my stock backs are at 50k with a lot of pad left, guess if I change them I might never have to do it again....lol. But I am anxious ot get these regardless...

·
Registered
117 Posts
thanks for the help guys, I'm going to order these this week and let you all know how it works out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I installed the front and rear kit with pads last week and it stops much much better now. I also got rid of the shaking steering wheel when I hit the brakes above 40mph. the box with the rotors said powerstop on them and the pads itself are marked as powerstop also. I only took one pic of the rear driver rotor, overall I'm very happy with it so far, napa wanted $400+ just for the 4 rotors.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Looks good! After todays oil change I just noticed Brake time soon! UGH guess programmer has to wait. Now to upgrade rotors instead. These look great.

Anybody have further comments after a few weeks of driving on them?

·
Registered
117 Posts
working out great so far! just hit over 1000 miles on them and when on the brakes hard its smooth as can be, for $239 shipped you can't go wrong.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
Think I'm going to try them!

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
Originally posted by Superjay:
Think I'm going to try them!
REALLY???? your first brake job on the truck??? and only at 100,000 miles???

he man these look familiar.
Raybestos are the brand on the back of hers, but for the life of me i can't remember the price .

1 - 20 of 79 Posts