Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE my RAM, but my 19 Classic leaves a little to be desired in the braking department. Plus this is the 4th time it has gone back due to braking failures. I "REALLY" do not want to spend 4 to 5k on a big brake upgrade "IF" I do not have to. Hence my post is anyone aware of a dual caliper setup for the 9.25 rear ends? Or is this something I am going to have to fab up. Personally I feel with drilled and slotted rotors and a extra caliper on the rear should greatly improve braking distances. Before anyone says anything about driving to fast . I do not do that . This is just a heavy rig and when I did a rear disc conversion on my S10 years ago braking distance dropped down really good. Plus when I am towing more braking (even with trailer brakes) is a good thing. Plus for a few extra hundred dollars. Isn't it worth to possibly not have an accident? Another thought is the upgrade might be less than your deductible.

·
Red Trucker
332 Posts
I wonder how you are wrecking rear brakes when the highest percentage of braking is done by the fronts, even when towing. In that vein, I dunno about the 4wd's, but the 4th gen 2wd's have the same spindle as a 2wd 3rd gen. This means that a Ram SRT spindle will fit a 4th gen 2wd (4wd would have to be verified) and will therefore mount the 04 giant 2 piston calipers (with a 15" rotor, requiring a minimum 20x9 wheel) or the 05-06 big ass 4 piston calipers (with the same aforementioned rotor). You could possibly fab a bracket to adapt the SRT's rear 2 piston calipers. I've had some stuck pistons with the 4 pots but the rears have never so much as flinched.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Calipers actually locking up and not releasing. It was in at 28k, 29, 32, and now at 38k miles. Plus I would like better stopping power. I actually have several sets of Dodge and RAM wheels that are 20x9 or more. I found something just a little while ago about stainless steel lines which might be a thought as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts