Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes a set of braided hoses for 3rd gens? The only sets I can seem to find are the longer hoses for lifted trucks. I just need factory length.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Red Trucker
Three links there. The one link actually has "dodge-ram-1500-stainless" in the link lol. But yes, the SRT uses the same hoses, or at least all my original 2003 hoses worked on the SRT stuff. With the braided lines the factory bends at the end won't matter.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am detailing and painting everything under the truck and I am swapping the brake lines out for new ones as mine are 17 year old stockers, and I reeeallly want to avoid factory rubber replacements.

Red Trucker
i saw it before but they only list 07-18.
I saw that but I can't imagine the brake lines themselves are that different (without looking at the part numbers) between 02-06 and 07-08. I mean, they could be but it wouldn't make sense (to me anyway) to change that before the end of a generation.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that but I can't imagine the brake lines themselves are that different (without looking at the part numbers) between 02-06 and 07-08. I mean, they could be but it wouldn't make sense (to me anyway) to change that before the end of a generation.

I agree, and the dimensions of the trucks stay pretty much the exact same so I can't see then being different. but...the dealer catalog lists a different part number for 06-20 so I'm not sure. I wish I knew if the fittings were the same.

Registered
2004 GTX
I agree, and the dimensions of the trucks stay pretty much the exact same so I can't see then being different. but...the dealer catalog lists a different part number for 06-20 so I'm not sure. I wish I knew if the fittings were the same.
06 got a lot of front suspension changes , I don't know about fittings, but some of the routing was changed when they changed the lower control arm design and mounting point.

I used JTS stainless kits on my 04GTX , now keep in mind my front end was swapped over to the SRT stuff for 04, but comparing it to my kids bastardised 02 with stock front, not much is different, same mounting points and the lines run the same route, big different is the size of everything ,the hub is lower on the knuckle, rotors are larger, calipers are larger(and made by Brembo), I'd call JTS (http://www.jtsvp.com/) and see if they know if there is a difference in fittings, the frame fitting should be the same , the brake end might be different.

Red Trucker
06 got a lot of front suspension changes , I don't know about fittings, but some of the routing was changed when they changed the lower control arm design and mounting point.

I used JTS stainless kits on my 04GTX , now keep in mind my front end was swapped over to the SRT stuff for 04, but comparing it to my kids bastardised 02 with stock front, not much is different, same mounting points and the lines run the same route, big different is the size of everything ,the hub is lower on the knuckle, rotors are larger, calipers are larger(and made by Brembo), I'd call JTS (http://www.jtsvp.com/) and see if they know if there is a difference in fittings, the frame fitting should be the same , the brake end might be different.
They're not Brembo calipers. 04 front calipers were made in house (adapted from the 2500). 05-06 calipers were designed and manufactured by TRW. If they were Brembos they'd say Brembo on them (and be aluminum), unless you put car stuff on your truck. The actual hose attachment point on the caliper is the same (banjo bolt and all), just the last inch or two of the hard line to the sitting is shaped slightly different. I have my stock lines to the SRT calipers. As the braided lines do away with that, logically it should work just fine. Definitely not a bad idea to ask them though.

Proud Canadian
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're not Brembo calipers. 04 front calipers were made in house (adapted from the 2500). 05-06 calipers were designed and manufactured by TRW. If they were Brembos they'd say Brembo on them (and be aluminum), unless you put car stuff on your truck. The actual hose attachment point on the caliper is the same (banjo bolt and all), just the last inch or two of the hard line to the sitting is shaped slightly different. I have my stock lines to the SRT calipers. As the braided lines do away with that, logically it should work just fine. Definitely not a bad idea to ask them though.

great info. thanks!

Registered
2004 GTX
all I know is they say Brembo , they said Brembo when they came off the junk yard donor truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts