Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
A common problem with sitting is water. Most gas additives will absorb this water in the tank.

Reactions: bada44

·
sppb32
13 Posts
Same thing happens with my Hyundai Genesis coupe after upgrading to a TD06Sl2-20G turbo, it drives smooth under part throttle up to 6 psi and then it just decides to take off like a raped ape straight to 20 psi, there's no in between, (go drive that in the rain) it's just the nature of the beast, it wasn't like that with theTD05-16G or the stock turbo, my tuner said i need an electronic boost controller to tune that.

·
Stu
21,331 Posts
My 03 was bad about going into wide open throttle, down shifting and going into full boost. The tune was for cruising or wot race. Was going around a slow rig on the freeway doing 78mph in the rain in overdrive. The 03 jumped into wot at full boost(12psi), down shifted and kicked sideways. Needless to say, I was very couscous when driving in the rain with the 03 after that. Don't have to worry about that happening on the 05. It has a smooth n/a to boosting up throttle response as long as it doesn't downshift... I still side on caution though.

·
Ariel
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Went to get an alignment today and the tech wasn't expecting the boost to kick in like it does. He ended up driving my truck into the bushes. I read through this thread a bit so would you guys say the fix is to go to manual trans?

• Wow
Reactions: arocketman

·
Administrator
17,940 Posts
Ok the tune could use a throttle adjustment sensitivity. But on a side note how fast was he trying to go in the parking lot? It’s takes a bit to get the throttle to do that you know this!

·
Ariel
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok the tune could use a throttle adjustment sensitivity. But on a side note how fast was he trying to go in the parking lot? It’s takes a bit to get the throttle to do that you know this!
I was watching from the waiting room when he first went to get the truck. He drove it around the lot to line up with the bay. I noticed he kinda stopped then must of pushed the pedal a little to hard and into the bush he went.

When I got this SC kit I think there was a boost control or something like it that we didn't end up using. I have to dig it out to see what it was. Do you think using that will help?

·
Administrator
17,940 Posts
You have the large pulley on there now so boost should not be that unpredictable in low RPM driving especially in a parking lot

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,752 Posts
I pull off the top of the Blow Off Valve if someone else (Shop) will be getting behind the wheel. Alan Wrench to loosen the clamp and off it goes. Move the Vacuum hose onto a bolt head near by. Glad he hit bushes and not someone or something that doesn't resist impact.

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Rule #1 never let anyone drive your truck.. put a 1psi spring in the bov. This keeps the bov closed except when lifting the throttle giving a smoother throttle transition. Manually shift the trans so you can load the individual gears. When the trans blows up replace it with a 46re manual VB.

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Typo... not 1psi. 10psi spring or whatever it takes to hpld bov closed at idle.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts