Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the location of the power steering fuse for a 2014 ram possible named EPS (ELECTRIC POWER STEERING). I'm having a hard time finding it

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
From the battery follow the cable it should lead to post or a small box there is a 100a fuse in there for the steering.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it this 120a? These are attached right to the positive terminal and the one on the left does seem to be blown/not looking normal

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
Yes they should be directly on or very near the battery. Use a bolt meter and check the back end for power from ground to the fuse bet it's popped.

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
How does he get that thing out? or do you just replace the whole thing holder terminal and all?

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
Not sure exactly have not had to change one can you send me a picture to my phone of what it looks like

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
He just ran up to the parts store to see if they have one. He has pictures on his phone. just too high a resolution to post. I need to edit on the PC.

Also, could that fuse be causeing other issues? hes got a few fault lites on the dash but my reader says connection fault when i connet to it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alrighty, I got a new terminal fuse link with the 120a and 180a fuse in it, put it all back together and it doesn't seem like that is the issue. Power steering is still out

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
Weird did the fuse blow again? They don't need a relearn to start working again so either the fuse when boom again or the motor on the rack is toast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put new one and old one next to each other to compare, and they looked identical so I'm not even sure the original was blown now

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
Do a continuity test on the old one and see if it's good or not. From the picture it looks blown on the end there the new one may have blown also and if that's the case the motor is toasted. Were you in deep water and mud

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What exactly is a continuity test? I'm not 100% sure. And no I was just in a little bit of mud and grass there was no standing water and just my back tires were in it. Front was all on dry land

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Just seeing if you can pass a current from one end to another through your device - this is a modified and simple explanation :eek:.

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
Need a bolt meter. Set it on continuity or the abouing buzz or beep mode lol and touch one lead to each end of the fuse unpowered if it's good it will tone or beep

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took the new one off to check also just in case. But can't seem to find our meter so I'll have to wait till pops is home

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why my steering going hard and wonder if any fuse where I can find if is that 2014 ram electric power steering i can't find the fuse for the power steering

1 - 16 of 16 Posts