Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats happening my fellow tuners? I have a question. Is there anyone here lurking the forum that has purchased or used the Pro Tuner Software from BG Chrysler? I am an HP Tuners guy and have been for several years but I am always open to try new or different things. Even though I don't need their products I like the price point at $499.00 for the Software, a handheld tuner and the vehicle license.

Can anyone provide any input about this tuning setup? Is there anyone who has used this tuning software or the handheld tuner? I may just go ahead and by it just to play with it. I mainly would like to try it out on JTEC and NGC3 vehicles.

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
seen it around but i have never actually seen it used or used it. i would assume its a good way to tune as they are the same people that flash/flashed the 2003-05 swap computers too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seen it around but i have never actually seen it used or used it. i would assume its a good way to tune as they are the same people that flash/flashed the 2003-05 swap computers too.
That is exactly why I wanted to try it out. I've known BG Products and services for years. I always looking at new or different tuning tools and I think I may just go ahead and buy one of their setups and try it out.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Whats happening my fellow tuners? I have a question. Is there anyone here lurking the forum that has purchased or used the Pro Tuner Software from BG Chrysler? I am an HP Tuners guy and have been for several years but I am always open to try new or different things. Even though I don't need their products I like the price point at $499.00 for the Software, a handheld tuner and the vehicle license.

Can anyone provide any input about this tuning setup? Is there anyone who has used this tuning software or the handheld tuner? I may just go ahead and by it just to play with it. I mainly would like to try it out on JTEC and NGC3 vehicles.
It's made for them by Syked works well ,they guy who started it was(and still is) a huge SRT4 guy started his own tuning deal because he felt HP was too complected...cheaper than HP, easier to do multi cars.
https://sykedecutuning.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's made for them by Syked works well ,they guy who started it was(and still is) a huge SRT4 guy started his own tuning deal because he felt HP was too complected...cheaper than HP, easier to do multi cars.
https://sykedecutuning.com
I just realized a few weeks ago that BG and Syked were using the same setup. I have been using HP Tuners for many years and I dont have any problems with it. I have so many JTEC tuning projects that I would like to be able to tune and HPT just released their JTEC stuff earlier this year. One of the biggest reasons I would like to try the Pro Tuner Software is because I have a race car that I want to switch from a carb to fuel injection and I want to do it with a JTEC PCM. I have everything I need to switch it over and I think Im going to go ahead an make the purchase.

Do you know anyone who currently tunes a JTEC powered vehicle that I could chat with about the software?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Do you know anyone who currently tunes a JTEC powered vehicle that I could chat with about the software?
Nah, I'm still trying to get my head around the later stuff....I'm PurpleRam on Hp forum and WarlockExpress on Syked

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, I'm still trying to get my head around the later stuff....I'm PurpleRam on Hp forum and WarlockExpress on Syked
Cool man. Thanks for the info. As soon as I get my Promaxx headed 360-LA switched over from a carb to injected I'm going to see how the tuning goes with HPT and if it's not what I'm wanting I'll buy the Pro Tuner setup and go from there.

I'm trying to decide which intake manifold I want to run. I was considering a Mod Man intake manifold from Indy Cylinder Head but I have some other ideas I wanted to explore.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I'm trying to learn HPTuning.. making progress on my 05 pcm in a 03... I am "Redtruck-VA" everywhere...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm trying to learn HPTuning.. making progress on my 05 pcm in a 03... I am "Redtruck-VA" everywhere...
Cool man. I went ahead and placed an order for the Pro Tuner Setup from BG directly. I was going to order the kit from Syked but it showed they were out of stock. I just happen to own several JTEC powered trucks and I can't wait to check it out.

I have a 1999 & 2001 Ram 1500 QC 5.9/46RE/3.92 that I am going to hit the Dyno with this weekend. I'm going to make some baseline Dyno pulls and do some data logging before I get the setup from BG.

On another project of mine, a 2004 Ram 1500 QCSB 5.7/545RFE/4.56 I am going to swap in a 2005 PCM in the next few days and start some fresh tuning on it with HPT.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
The 05 swap into the 04 should be a direct swap. But there have issues requiring 05/06 o2senors to be used.

Reactions: ric3xrt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't forget to do the trans relearn...... After the PCM swap.
Yes, absolutely. That was the first thing I did after getting it running. I've talked to so many people over the years that have complained about trans shifting issues only to learn they didn't perform a Quicklearn after completing the PCM swap. I don't think that point can be overstated.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Well, are you able to do some tuning with it? Can boost tuning be done with it?
I can't answer the boost part of the question honestly Stu, I bought it, used it to clear some codes, tried to turn off the rear o2 sensors with it, missed up some stuff, reloaded the tune that was in the truck, manged to get some fueling done with it, went to far, took it back to the 1st tune , I need to do some logging and go from there.....Hp is better "novice" package. Fast69 might have some better insight.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Soooooooo Syked is kind of a bust now.... Doesn't sell the hand held tuners any more (unless your a Neon Junkie) I'm guessing HP kicked his A$$ in the lawsuit

Never did get it to turn off the rear O2 sensor , did manage to "learn " my way around in it was able to do some much needed 545RFE tuning,
.....No Stu it wouldn't of helped your 03 PCM, I did buy the one that Syked sold for the 03's when my Nephew bought his 03, not a lot of "tables" to work with.....so out with the 03 ECU and In went a 2014 set up..(dash fits nicely)
BG still has the "hand held" listed on their website but I don't know if they still sell them.
I know Livernois doesn't list it anymore, but they have their own version for GM, it's very limited...they still do custom tunes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts