Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Evil Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see or have the Bak Flip Cover? Had the Fold a Cover on my 2002 Ram, but my 2010 w/ Ram box they don't make as of now. Found Bak Flip the only hard folding Cover that makes for my Bed? Looking for some pros and cons before I order it?

·
Evil Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone see or have the Bak Flip Cover? Had the Fold a Cover on my 2002 Ram, but my 2010 w/ Ram box they don't make as of now. Found Bak Flip the only hard folding Cover that makes for my Bed? Looking for some pros and cons before I order it?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have the bakflip g2 on my MegaCab
Pros:
clean looking
almost waterproof.
easy install
easy to fold up
really nice being able to fold it up as opposed to "I'll be back in an hour cause I got to go home and take my hard cover off first"
reasonably secure storage.
Cons:
a bitch to fold with snow on it
If your truck sets high, it is harder to get to the cable releases to fold
almost waterproof.
When folded all the way forward it rests against your back window and blocks your rearview mirror view ( not that I use it)
it does intrude into your bed area by about a half inch each side. ( the tracks) and 6 inches in the very front

Over all, it is is the best cover of all the ones I have used in the 25 years.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here's a few more differences between your FoldACover and Bakflip:

1. The Bakflip does not have a lock.
2. You can't just open the Bakflip from the cab side.
3. You have to open your tailgate in order to open the cover.

·
Evil Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a fold a cover for 2002 Ram, but they do not have a solution for the Ram Box and the Bak Flip is the only one that I am considering. I see it has no lock on both ends, you have to constantly open the tailgate, and always from the back... My fold a cover after a few years with the weather my Locks pretty much failed, twisted my keys so, I ended up having to modify them so I can get in but keep it secure... The Bak Flip looks like it might be a bit more smoother with the way it flips over and over, where the fold a cover was more like open the front and/or back, or all the way open... Well, hopefully it works out well... thanks alot

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Talked to a guy today at the parts supplier, he has had a bakflip now for 4 years. So I asked about his experiences with it, He opened it up for me and showed me the abuse he had put it through. Even though it was pretty banged up, the joints were still solid and flexible. the cables still taut, still looked pretty good externally. He was still happy with it (that made me feel really good about mine then)

·
Evil Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot, it looks nice and takes abuse... That is perfect!! Sold!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the market for a tonneau for my '09 with Rambox. Have come across three different manufacturers. Pace Edwards FM2082/TR5102, Bakflip has the G2, HD & F1, and Xtang has model # 56420. Anyone with info on these?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am getting a roll-n-lock fr my 2011 Rambox. They are made in Pompano, FL. Distributed through Ideal Truck in Pompano. You might want to look into this before you buy. This is the most secure out of all of the ones you listed. The pickings are few since the Rambox is not as popular.

Good luck!

Bpsg

·
Registered
255 Posts
If your looking at Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit, you might want to consider a Roll-N-Lock, both are vinyl laminated aluminum. I prefer the Roll-N-Lock. If you're looking at the Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit, you might take a look at TruckCoversUSA, both are made of powdercoated aluminum. I prefer the TCUSA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Bakflip F1 on my truck and I wouldn't look back. I think that from where I started (vinyl roll ups - snaps and velcro) this was the best investment that I could have made. It's nearly a solid cover but with the benefits of a rollup and like stated earlier it is virtually weather proof. I'd swear that my last cover was doing a 50/50 on me 50% rain in the bed and 50% kept out of the bed.
Follow the directions closely with the bakflip and it is a flawless install. I had a problem with 2 parts of the install and the owner called me back to guide me through it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you like the Bakflip, the new Fibermax is probably the best bang for your buck.

Three other new covers are being released by Bak: Roll-X, Endura, and VP. The Roll-X is pretty unique.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey!
I received my BakFlip F1 a few weeks ago, after being two weeks back-ordered from the factory! Install took me about 2 hours but WOW this thing is awesome!
Retail is around $1100, but I got mine on ebay for $800 with no tax and free shipping and 6 months to pay with BillMeLater through PayPal !!!

It is AMAZING !!!!

Attachments

·
Steve
803 Posts
Love my Bakflip F1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts