Hemi Truck Club banner
641 - 649 of 649 Posts

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 · (Edited)
Okay the transmission is installed in the truck. I am going to have to have a custom-made drive shaft and the question is do I do aluminum or carbon fibe? There is about a $500 difference in cost, they could not nail down what the weight savings would be. The person I spoke with was saying the last time they did something like this it was only about 5 lbs due to the CV joint and the actual u-joints....🤔

Automotive tire Bumper Gas Auto part Rim
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Update back home from vacation . Weather was pretty nice over the weekend, so on Sunday I started to fool around with the truck a little bit and was able to complete a few things with this swap. tested the starter to make sure it worked,. put the drive shaft up .Just struggling with where I want to put all of the electronics :unsure: . Have not figured out where to put the transmission controller, the WOTbox that will control torque management. I built a small box to house the electronic shifter but now looking at it it might be too small. Would appreciate any input on where to put all of the electronics under the hood or in the cab.I am very close to getting this thing running.

·
Greg
20,122 Posts
There is room under the front seats. And you could make a custom panel inside the glove box.

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
There is room under the front seats. And you could make a custom panel inside the glove box.
I used to have an aftermarket amp under the seat that's a good idea..

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
Well....... The transmission I got from Clint ,was completely experimental, he jacked up the oil pressure in order to try something, it basically destroyed the clutches. But that's all part of R&D. With saying that, I truly believe it is a far better transmission than stock. And he will stand behind it no matter what!

• Helpful
Reactions: arocketman
641 - 649 of 649 Posts