Hemi Truck Club banner
581 - 600 of 603 Posts

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
Making progress got the ring & pinion installed... Next project is to drop the fuel tank just to do an inspection. and I think I need to lengthen the return fuel line.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #585 ·
Drop the gas tank yesterday to do my inspection on my fuel module mod, And it's a good thing I did. My mod has not fared very well... The thing basically fell apart when I was trying to take it out of the gas tank. Also I noticed a quite a bit of trash in the fuel basket. So I have a new fuel module coming for the diesel which I did not know has both out and in hookups for fuel 3/8 out 5/16 in. I'll just change the pump out should be a much better mod.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Sounds like the way to go.. well done..

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #587 ·
Got the truck back on the ground today, fuel system all updated went for a ride rear end is nice and quiet 3.55 gears. Responds very well cruise around with tow haul button on transmission is very responsive downshifting was sort of surprised.:dance: I will be doing some data logging here in the up and coming days after the rear end is fully broken in. And sending Billy the files to get a final tune. So now I have the two original seats from the truck and a box with brand new black carpeting if anyone is interested get ahold of me.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Nicely done Mark!

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #592 ·
Well..... Looks like the transmission torque converter is having some kind of issue being stuck in lock up at idle in drive/ reverse and slipping when driving WOT.... currently waiting to hear back from Clint at ATS diesel.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·
Transmission is out and ready to go back to ATS diesel and the co-pilot is also getting upgraded to go with the new front pump.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #597 ·
Transmission is at ATS... Well I have the exhaust system down I am going to switch out the turbo exhaust housing. I got a question for all the turbo guys I have the 115 AR on there now and I want to spool the turbo up a little quicker should I use the 68 AR or the 96 AR? Remember I Am rear mounted. The turbo is a t76 ball bearing.

·
Stu
21,241 Posts
96 a/r will spool your truck up quicker but, check the back pressure between the engine and turbo. Check for exhaust leaks between the engine and turbo. Make sure your wastegate is working correctly as well.

581 - 600 of 603 Posts