Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Stu
21,585 Posts
Stu ....Did a test on one of these plastic intakes and pumped it to 30 PSI and held it for 30 minutes.... I think it'll be okay.

It should be ok with the pcv mod and not going above 12psi boost. Have to agree with Keith and everyone else if your boosting past 12psi. Haven't ran the 03 truck plastic intake manifold long enough at 14psi to confirm that the manifold wont split over time.... Would NEVER do 20psi boost on the plastic truck intake manifold.
Without the pcv mod, the boost will just leak past the oem pcv valve into the engine crankcase and start blowing oil out the vent. Oil will also be pushed into your intake manifold giving the impression that it's split open. Plus, the truck would be loosing boost pressure. Have you added another crankcase vent to the passenger valve cover? It's important too.

You can run the boost at 7 to 8psi max with the oem pcv valve as long as it's new and it seats good with no blow by. Found that the pcv valve from the dealership are the best and seat good enough for 7 to 8psi boost.

·
Stu
21,585 Posts
Billy has done some tuning with the big injectors in the Hemi cars. But, it remains to be seen if he can do 20psi boost tuning in the Hemi trucks. Mark is listening and following his engine builder advice. :thumb:
We shall see. :popcorn:

·
Stu
21,585 Posts
Respect the power of these trucks when they have modded engines and more so when their turbocharged. That's the main reasons why I'm turning down and bleeding off the boost on the turbo system for safe street driving.
Went to go around a slower moving rig in the rain. The truck jumped into boost when I didn't want it too. The back of the truck kicked out while doing 75mph. Was able to get it straight again by letting off the gas. All the traffic around me slowed way down. It got my attention to say the least.

·
Stu
21,585 Posts
I second Keith, do not get rid of it. You got a little shaken up, that's all. Put her aside for a week or so, then get ready to get back on that horse again.
:iagree: :thumb::thumb::thumb:

If I remember correctly, your rear tires are a little worm down skinny tires... It's time to get wider tires as well as lowering the back of the truck. Set-up the suspension for better traction. You can't have one without the other.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts