Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new engine....in time I will have more specs.

Attachments

Reactions: Mr. Larrikin

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here's some of the block work that will never be seen look at before and after treatment in the lifter oil return area in the valley.

Attachments

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check out the parts after some massaging:smitten:GFBP Go For Broke performance

Attachments

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark, that is looking really good! With the custom cam it should be a beast. When do you think you will be up and running?
I should have the engine in my hands by the end of the week ... I could not be any more excited if it weren't for the birth of my children this would be Tops on my list.:dance:

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally its up and running.... With some borrowed parts and minus the turbo for now. Thank you Stu and Greg this never would have happened this soon. Tomorrow the flat bed takes it to the transmission shop for a tranny relearn. And to make matters even worse I am moving on Thursday! But very happy to have it running!:dance:

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If anyone is interested in having an engine built Go For Broke Performance. Billy is the builder give him a call tell him you read this post. 812-929-4022
Thank you Billy...:thumb::dance::thumb:

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I've been working on the fuel system. Followed mostly the build from Keith's​ post with the exception I elected you put the return into the center of the fuel module rather than your drill hole in my gas tank. As you can see I filled the top of the upper half of the module with epoxy that makes​​ it smooth & flat. I am using a walbro fuel pump 450. an - 6 with push lock fittings rubber fuel injection hose rated 300 PSI I wrapped with a special heavy duty plastic to protect the fuel lines.

Automotive tire Rim Gas Circle Automotive wheel system

Alloy wheel Automotive tire Drain Manhole cover Rim

Gas Art Natural material Table Outdoor furniture

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I got that long-awaited phone call today...... Billy who built my engine is finally back to work! After a long Health scare he is finally back working! And the final Parts I need will be coming in the mail by the end of the week if not Monday.:dance:

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My package was a little delayed it will be here on Monday but this is what I'm waiting for.

Attachments

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Mark, it's a good looking setup. The fitting is that for crank ventilation?
It can be...... I have a vacuum black/ manifold I'm going to plug into it.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It could be a vacuum port/safety valve..... I am going to be pushing 20+ psi through that intake.:D

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Everything is all back together... Tomorrow I will fill it with gas and Hope there are no leaks... Billy is going to be writing a tune or the fuel injectors we are using..

Attachments

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hey Mark,
Just an FYI, our intakes won't hold much past 12 lbs. I believe. Keith would know, as he blew is apart. You may need to look into a different one now instead of waiting to find out later. Just my .02.
Stu ....Did a test on one of these plastic intakes and pumped it to 30 PSI and held it for 30 minutes.... I think it'll be okay.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Going to to need a 3bar map for that much boost sir. Also those rails is there a fitting on the front drivers side as there is no room for a fitting there except for one style Stu found awhile back.

Fittings on all four corners.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Just an update..... All back together, up and running, with a soft tune & data logging. Currently trying to finish my break in. I'm moving into my new house next weekend then we'll be getting the ATS valve body swapped out with the new co-pilot so testing can begin. Since I have to go to the transmission shop to do the relearn, I'll see how much they'll charge me to swap out the valve body.... I'll keep you posted as things progress.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Did before he took motor out and went this route. I have a tune ready only need the scaling for the injectors to at least Fire it up but guess I'm not doing it now.
Sorry Keith for the misunderstanding, my fault. You would be doing the tuning if Billy did not fulfill as promised! I'm glad to know someone has my back in this build. Thank you!!

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Almost lost it all today....... Spent 2 hours in a mud ditch on the side of I-95 and 4 hours in the driveway cleaning off all the mud that got squashed into every crevice of this truck.... Unfortunately this truck has put me in a bad positions twice now since I have owned it and has wore out its welcome I think it's time to move on.... I will be pulling it apart putting in a stock motor and transmission and putting it for sale..... Unless someone wants to make me a nice offer.....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 214 Posts