Hemi Truck Club banner
1521 - 1529 of 1529 Posts

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,524 ·
Last time I spoke with Clint he has been waiting on a company that supplies him with circuit boards for the co-pilots. He said he could send me the transmission but it would not have the updated co-pilot or the new valve body. The updated co-pilot needs to be installed for the new valve body to work correctly as the oil pressure will be running at a constit 260 PSI until the shift happens. That's where the new co-pilot comes in as it will have a nano delay to drop the oil pressure to allow the shift to happen correctly.So I wait.

·
Stu
21,316 Posts
Wondering if Clint diverted some of the torque converter oil flow for higher clutch pressure? Would explain why my Pro Edge converter is acting like a 3000 instead of a 2800 stall.
PS. The ATS trans and Copilot is still working great in my truck.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,526 ·
Wondering if Clint diverted some of the torque converter oil flow for higher clutch pressure? Would explain why my Pro Edge converter is acting like a 3000 instead of a 2800 stall.
PS. The ATS trans and Copilot is still working great in my truck.
I'm going to guess that most likely the torque converter has loosened up a little bit. You will only know if you're having a problem with the transmission if you get a code referring to line pressure.

·
Stu
21,316 Posts
Don't think so. The Edge tc would have a solid stall at 2800rpm with the modded Sharadon trans in the 03. Feels like a 3000/3200rpm stall now in the ATS trans. Not complaining about it. Just curious why it is what it is?

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,528 ·
Stu, I am chomping at the bit to get my transmission back in my truck! Do you think you can come by and give me a ride 🙂

·
Stu
21,316 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the turbo oil drain going to the engine oil pan. Last boosting test runs, been getting an oil film in the compressor side of the turbo. Believe the oil drain to the cylinder head isn't working all that well under boost. Making mods to the crankcase evacuation system as well.

1521 - 1529 of 1529 Posts