2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,522 ·
No...... :(

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,524 ·
Last time I spoke with Clint he has been waiting on a company that supplies him with circuit boards for the co-pilots. He said he could send me the transmission but it would not have the updated co-pilot or the new valve body. The updated co-pilot needs to be installed for the new valve body to work correctly as the oil pressure will be running at a constit 260 PSI until the shift happens. That's where the new co-pilot comes in as it will have a nano delay to drop the oil pressure to allow the shift to happen correctly.So I wait.

·
Stu
21,442 Posts
Wondering if Clint diverted some of the torque converter oil flow for higher clutch pressure? Would explain why my Pro Edge converter is acting like a 3000 instead of a 2800 stall.
PS. The ATS trans and Copilot is still working great in my truck.

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,526 ·
Wondering if Clint diverted some of the torque converter oil flow for higher clutch pressure? Would explain why my Pro Edge converter is acting like a 3000 instead of a 2800 stall.
PS. The ATS trans and Copilot is still working great in my truck.
I'm going to guess that most likely the torque converter has loosened up a little bit. You will only know if you're having a problem with the transmission if you get a code referring to line pressure.

·
Stu
21,442 Posts
Don't think so. The Edge tc would have a solid stall at 2800rpm with the modded Sharadon trans in the 03. Feels like a 3000/3200rpm stall now in the ATS trans. Not complaining about it. Just curious why it is what it is?

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,528 ·
Stu, I am chomping at the bit to get my transmission back in my truck! Do you think you can come by and give me a ride 🙂

·
Stu
21,442 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the turbo oil drain going to the engine oil pan. Last boosting test runs, been getting an oil film in the compressor side of the turbo. Believe the oil drain to the cylinder head isn't working all that well under boost. Making mods to the crankcase evacuation system as well.

·
Stu
21,442 Posts
Any updates Mark? Sure taking a long time to get the ATS trans back...
The cooler weather is just around the corner. Looking forward for some testing & tuning at the track with my 05.

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,531 ·
Yes, and this better be worth the wait.. Clint was supposed to send out my transmission last week but they came down with covid so I don't know what's happening.

·
Administrator
17,998 Posts
Oh the covid crap again I’m so over this *. The country is in tatters because of this false *. Hopefully your trans is good to go again and you can enjoy the truck some

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,533 ·
Clint told me in text that he was sick and recovering. That was last Wednesday.

·
Administrator
17,998 Posts
That’s a pretty big company and we have what they call text messages if he can’t breath to talk. Sounds like excuses is all to me! Have someone strap that thing to some wood stick a label on it and ship it already!

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
I switched to a 46rh almost 7 years ago and never looked back. Totally happy with it..

Reactions: Rays04GTX

·
Registered
2004 GTX
51 Posts
I switched to a 46rh almost 7 years ago and never looked back. Totally happy with it..
My 05 Bee I went thru 3 of those P.O.S ATS trans, co-pilots and all of Clint's "excuses" pulled the 442 motor out of it sold the rolling chassis put the 442 in a 69 Cuda ,sold the Cuda and bought my current 04 back in June 2020, had a T56 behind the alum 468 with Thitek heads when I bought it, not a stick guy, too slow of a shifter guy... tried a 4l80, too many issues, then had a 8sp in it, spent a ton of money on the sound German system ,truck ran great , but was slower then the t56 set up even with my crappy shifting, though about a NAG1, the guy who built my truck for my buddy I bought it from said I'd pick up 2-3ths by switching to a 46rh, did the switch and haven't looked back, went from 11.0s to 10.80s @ 4750lbs , this winter I'm having a 518non-lock(46RH) up built, truck needs more convertor then I can get with the lock up system,...... but in the end I think I'm going to end up with 727 in it, and just give up on the OD , truck spends most it's non track time on the trailer waiting to go to the track,

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Talk to Martin Saine about his super billet torque converter.. he has built two 46rh and converters for me.. 9"/3500 stall with lockup..
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Reactions: arocketman
1521 - 1540 of 1576 Posts