1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,501

·
Greg
19,958 Posts

·
Leon
57 Posts
Finally light at the end of the tunnel for me, 396 stroker is together and will be going in the truck over the next few weeks (probably more like months but I'm an optimist). I will start a new thread if anyone wants to check it out. This will test the trans for sure haha!

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,505
ATS transmission update. My transmission is coming out and going back to ATS I believe I tore up the torque converter, so Clint and his team will be tearing apart my transmission to see what other damage was done. He has created a Billet front pump which will support a forced downshift, and that will be installed before it is sent back to me. And he is going to upgrade my torque converter......

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
Stock to minor mods is all this is good for because people won’t not downshift the thing that’s what kills it every time with power

·
Stu
21,192 Posts
The Smart Tech overdrive hub has improved the overdrive clutch holding power. But, still isn't enough to stop the od clutches from slipping and burning out from a overdrive forced down shift with real power. There's not enough clutch hub travel. Once the od clutches get worn in, the od hub is almost at max travel. I'm surprised nobody has done something about that. The Smart Tech od hub only increased the travel by .010-.012 of an inch.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,510
I have spoken with Clint at ATS diesel a few times since my transmission has made it to the shop. I asked him about doing a video and some technical information and he said that he's going to try to create a video using my transmission with all of the new updates for the 545. Hopefully that will be coming in the next couple of days.....

1501 - 1510 of 1510 Posts