Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ariel
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to replace my hood and need some help. Should I go with fiberglass or a steel hood? Anyone recommend some where i can buy a reasonably priced hood?

·
John
4,069 Posts
Im looking to replace my hood and need some help. Should I go with fiberglass or a steel hood? Anyone recommend some where i can buy a reasonably priced hood?
I purchased my hood from carID.com, for my 07' Quad Cab1500. It is an Amerihood SSK fiberglass fully functional hood. They have hoods in steel, fiberglass, and carbon fiber.
IMG_0681.JPG

·
Ariel
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i was looking at carid. Did you have any fitment issues? Ive heard of fiberglass hoods not sitting right or cracking where the hydraulic lift mounts. Any issues with yours? It looks great on the pic.

·
John
4,069 Posts
Thanks i was looking at carid. Did you have any fitment issues? Ive heard of fiberglass hoods not sitting right or cracking where the hydraulic lift mounts. Any issues with yours? It looks great on the pic.
The fit isn't as good as I would like as the gap between hood and fender is wider on the passenger side. I have driven with this hood as high as 110 mph for a short distance, and sustained speeds of 75 - 85 mph, for over 100 miles of interstate travel. No cracks or drain problems. This hood has two layers, top and underside panels. Air is channeled right to my CAI air filter, engine heat is released thru vents in the hood each side of center scoop. No need for hood pins.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,935 Posts
This is the hood that I have been running on my truck for about 8 years now I moved it from my 03 to my 05.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Steel cowl hood, fit and function same as OEM.
20161204_134731.jpg

Reactions: arocketman
1 - 7 of 7 Posts