And yet another fun-filled visit to the Dealer

Negative 
3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Detroit build 
#1 ·
Galeana's Van **** Dodge Warren MI

Symptom -- NO audio from stereo, stereo is on

Probable cause -- Service manual says check amplifier behind glove-box

Check in at 0900 hrs for 0900 appointment

1230 hrs, my keys are given to me,, advisor says I'm all set, see you in few days. I say "what?". Advisor says, oh we have to order the stereo, we don't stock them. I comment that the service manual says nothing about even checking the stereo. I asked if they even used the OBDII tool. Because the amp will show in the scanner. Answer, we don't need that to tell us the stereo is not working. Ok,, fine I'll be back in a few days.

Walk out to my truck at 1245, COVERED in MUD. Looks like I just got back from an off-road rally. (washed on way to dealer)

Go back in, and ask who is going to wash my truck, Service manager states, they do not wash cars anymore like they used to. I said I know that, but I brought you in a sparkling vehicle, and now it's covered in mud.

He sasy sorry. So I go get my salesmqan, he goes back there, and they tell him to take it up with the General Manager. Since the lot is being powerwashed today, it's not their problem.

Finally got it washed by the dealer, after my salesman went to the GM and informed him of my 3 hr wait, and dirty car.

I like my salesman bought 3 cars from him,,,But the Service department sucks,, This is not my first negative with service there.

See less See more
#2 ·
Unbelievable! I'd check the odometer as well

Hope they fix you up with a new stereo soon.

#4 ·
Oh the thrills.

Took truck back for dealer to put ordered stereo in. SUPRISE no audio still.

So I said to the advisor, did no one listen to me when I said the stereo was fine, it's the amp or pci issue??

He says, well you seem to know a lot about these cars,, and I see you have an aftermarket amp under your seat,,,,hmmm.

Now I know where this was going. I said that amp has nothing to do with my stereo crapping out, it checks out fine. He replies with well if your gonna be like that, then maybe I need to make a call to warranty and inform them of the aftermarket stuff,

I said that's it, lets go see the Service Manager. We get in the office, and he starts with "this customer wants to tell us how to do our job, Then when I started to speak, he raised his voice to talk over me,, unitl he was yelling. I said STOP, who is the customer here??? It got pretty bad for a few, until the service manager told the advisor to "shut up" and leave.

Long story short, The car is going back on Monday, they will have a loaner waiting for me at 0800, and a outside electronics guy to figure out the issue, and regardless of the problem make it right.

btw there was a guy in the lobby, who had been there 1.5 hours for an oil change.

#5 ·
quote:Originally posted by *Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*:
What a sack of crap. No other nearby dealers? Service is part of buying your truck, if they want your business again, servicew better improve
Unfortunately, this is the Best service dept out of the area dealers.

#6 ·
quote:Unfortunately, this is the Best service dept out of the area dealers.
I hate to see what the others are like.

#7 ·
That's rediculous! And they wonder why people change brands?

You have the patience of a saint because it would have definately turned ugly with me.

Pup

#8 ·
Dropped her off this a.m. Of course NO car waiting as promised, Took 1.5 hr to get a car and get home.

The jerk called at 2.30, And said "Well we figured out the problem, it's the amp" I wanted to crawl through the phone and strangle him.

If they just would have listened last week,,,I would be home with my truck, no complaints,, and much lower blood pressure. Part should be in tomorrow

#9 ·
I really dont mean to laugh but....Dang if that dealership is a 5 star mine must be a 20 star. Performance Dodge, Woodbury NJ. Hope the dealership is full of customers when you pick up your truck (taking note of mileage) and scream your freking head off!

#10 ·
Good news, bad news!

They put the new amp in today. Then called me. He said as soon as they connected the new amp it blew.

He says they have checked all MY wiring and MY stuff is not the problem. Appears to be an issue somewhere between the factory stereo, PCI, and amp.

Currently they are trying to find another amp, and new stereo,, then plug em in and see whats happens.

#12 ·
Just wondering, but have you ever been a service advisor? It's not as easy as you think. You can tell them exactly what the problem is and you might be right. But if you want Chrysler to pay for it, they have to to try one thing before they can try something else.

#13 ·
No, I have never been a Service Advisor.

Did you READ my first post?

They did not even do what THEIR service manual calls for. They got in the car, turned it on,, Hmmm no stereo. That is where the diagnosis stopped.

Is that what you are referring too, as the first step. Completely ignore the customer, and the service manual and all common sense??

This is the first four of six steps as listed in Chrysler's service manual.

#14 ·
What part of that says "turn on radio, no audio, must be stereo"?

Again as posted in my first post,, the Head Unit appeared, to be in fine working condition. just no audio.

As you get further down through the trouble shooting, after these steps it jumps right to, repair/replace AMP, not stereo.

BTW at first they tried to tell me that the tech did use a scanner, but after I called their bluff, by asking what the scanner returned, and their answers did not match up with what the manual says the answers should have been, Then the almighty advisor, says "well to tell you the truth, the tech only started the car, heard no audio, and promptly put a order in radio"

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

While I concede apparently after my visit today, the stereo is also in fact bad. Had they followed THEIR OWN protocol on day one,,,I would more then likely have my truck back,, probably last week. The bottom line is the tech took the easiest route, either for repeat business, or just lazy. And the advisor let him get away with it.

#15 ·
The service manual that you have and the one that techs use are completely different bud. And yes, I did READ your first post. You can like YOU'RE the ONLY customer they have and you're not. Common sense also does not get warrenty to pay for it. And when did I say to ignore the customer? Just wondering cause I don't think I said that. So did you READ my post????

#17 ·
Hey yoyo, you had to do what you had to do. Whatever happened to all these individuals, they EARNED what they got. Besides getting your truck fixed properly, you did a good service to any all customers, past, present, and future who would have ever had to deal with their incompetence!

Good job I say! You've earned respect.

Pup

#18 ·
Personally I think it was the two page email, I sent to DC Headquarters, (Customer Service Relations)

Or maybe the one I snuck to the GM at the dealer (found someone who gave me his email under the table)

Each detailing my three years of experience with the that particular service advisor..

Grandma always said "What comes around goes around"

I must still admit,,the Service Manager himself seems to be very friendly and appears to care.
But like everywhere, managers don't always know what's goin on when they are not there.

#19 ·
dont ya love it when a plan works....revenge is sweet!

#20 ·
Lol I hated dealing with them I started taking it to a radio shop. ( car tunes) the last straw I had was when they backed my truck into a pole and said it came in that way. Then tried to quote me for 3 grand in service and parts. I hade them pull up video and the replaced and gave me free oil changes. I asked for a free warrenty that I was never coming back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.