Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put em in last weekend, very easy driveway install. takes about an hour total.here the method.

1.Set Park Brake And chock wheels
2. Jack truck up by frame and use jack stands
3.Deflate and squat up the air bag (put the rubber cap back on)
4.Fish The Air bag into the second lowest coil gap and work up through.
5.once in let it inflate ( i put the hose on and blew into it)
6.Put the spacer on the top and feed the airline down and connect ( hard to push on, dont forget the little clamp)
7.Run airline to the back and zip tie as needed, leave slack on the bag side and keep away from moving parts or exhaust.
8.run hose back to middle of truck by the hitch and leave a little slack.
9. repeat for other side
10.I put the air valve in a hole already in the hitch ran 6" of hose from there
11.join valve to tee and connect each hose to tee and don't forget the clamps again ( you have the option to run 2 separate valves, i didnt)
12.ziptie everything into place out of harms way
13.Inflate to 32 psi and check for leaks by ear and soapy water
14. if no leaks deflate to 5 psi and forget all about it your done ( 5 psi much be maintained, i didnt notice any difference in ride quality)

not hard, to test i got a couple buddies to sit on the tailgate ( about 450-500 lb) and measured my drop both inflated and deflated. deflated i have 1.5" drop, inflated i had 1/4" drop. my bags when fully inflated rose the ass 1/2" higher than stock, but normal height at 5 psi. hope this helps, i love em so far cheap and easy.

installed and inflated, no airline yet

Attachments

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
put em in last weekend, very easy driveway install. takes about an hour total.here the method.

1.Set Park Brake And chock wheels
2. Jack truck up by frame and use jack stands
3.Deflate and squat up the air bag (put the rubber cap back on)
4.Fish The Air bag into the second lowest coil gap and work up through.
5.once in let it inflate ( i put the hose on and blew into it)
6.Put the spacer on the top and feed the airline down and connect ( hard to push on, dont forget the little clamp)
7.Run airline to the back and zip tie as needed, leave slack on the bag side and keep away from moving parts or exhaust.
8.run hose back to middle of truck by the hitch and leave a little slack.
9. repeat for other side
10.I put the air valve in a hole already in the hitch ran 6" of hose from there
11.join valve to tee and connect each hose to tee and don't forget the clamps again ( you have the option to run 2 separate valves, i didnt)
12.ziptie everything into place out of harms way
13.Inflate to 32 psi and check for leaks by ear and soapy water
14. if no leaks deflate to 5 psi and forget all about it your done ( 5 psi much be maintained, i didnt notice any difference in ride quality)

not hard, to test i got a couple buddies to sit on the tailgate ( about 450-500 lb) and measured my drop both inflated and deflated. deflated i have 1.5" drop, inflated i had 1/4" drop. my bags when fully inflated rose the ass 1/2" higher than stock, but normal height at 5 psi. hope this helps, i love em so far cheap and easy.

installed and inflated, no airline yet

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tee, i had to re zip tie these, they were too tight and i moved the lines up out of the way a bit more

Attachments

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Looks great! How's the ride?

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry didnt see this before....ride is the same with 5 psi in them....with my 800lb quad in the back to truck looks like theres no weight in there still maintain my 1" rake...thats what i was after

1 - 7 of 7 Posts