Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this would fall real close to the "Paint & Finish" forum, but there's more to "Detailing" than the body. There is interior, engine, undercarriage, chrome (for those that like chrome
), tires, wheels and the "right way and the wrong way" to approach each without doing irreversible harm (such as the power buffer and paint swirls).
I know, as well, that we could talk about wheel cleaners just so many times. Yet, oddly enough, it would make for a great reference to read first hand experiences the members had with each product (not to slam the product, but to build?). Anyone interested?

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this would fall real close to the "Paint & Finish" forum, but there's more to "Detailing" than the body. There is interior, engine, undercarriage, chrome (for those that like chrome
), tires, wheels and the "right way and the wrong way" to approach each without doing irreversible harm (such as the power buffer and paint swirls).
I know, as well, that we could talk about wheel cleaners just so many times. Yet, oddly enough, it would make for a great reference to read first hand experiences the members had with each product (not to slam the product, but to build?). Anyone interested?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would be interested. I can spend literally hours detailing my truck. Not that it needs that much cleaning just I like to do it, it gets my mind off of the daily problems. I was using Zaino, but now I'm using Raceglaze. I bought a bunch of it when I had my Scarab.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
We can do that - thanks for the suggestion!

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
I'm in!!! I love to paint things under the hood and fill all the holes with chrome pins.
I even change most of the finder bolts with chrome ones. Hood strut nuts, and anything I can change out.
I know "pin striping" is old school, but I think it looks good in some places, plus it's cheap and easy if you know how.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Originally posted by ROLLING THUNDER:
Sounds like a good idea to me.

I have been using Zaino myself. Do you feel Raceglaze is better or any less labor intensive?
I'm sorry I meant to say Leverage Polish. But they're almost the same. Labor intensive isnt a word that I would use when useing either Race Glaze or Leverage. I mean you still have to put some effort into it. It just comes out looking a little better in my opinion. I also have a 6" random orbital polisher that I use, and I wash the pads after every use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts