Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm having an issue with either the front or rear diff. and I was hoping someone could help narrow this down for me. It usually happens when the trans in in 1st gear. When I come to a complete stop and I need to make a right hand turn I'm getting a slipping sensation from somewhere in the drive line. It feels like I'm going over rumble strips in the road or the right rear tire is breaking lose, but it's not. I haven't been under the truck yet so I'm looking for some ideas on where to start looking. Any ideas? Thanks for any info. you may have.

Thanks,
RumRunner

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So when turning it feels like it slipping or binding when going right only?
Hi charged392,
Mostly yes. Not as much of a binding but more of a slipping or maybe even a skipping in the drive train. Not sure if it's the diffs. or the trans. Although when I had both of the U joints replaced the tech said the front driveshaft going into the front diff. had some slop in it, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Yes, mainly when I make a hard/sharp right hand turn. I haven't noticed it doing it as bad taking a left.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,
UPDATE. I think I have it fixed. All I needed to do was change the rear diff. fluid. It still does it but very, very subtle, if your not looking for it you will miss it. But me being me I can still feel it. Anyway, thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions, I appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts