Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much negative news these days it is very encouraging and refreshing to find good news.

Man saves stranger's life in convenience store

FAST FACTS

A man gives a stranger CPR in Memphis convenience store
CPR saved man's life, after his heart stopped beating
Family encouraging everyone to learn CPR

(Memphis 12/24/2011) A Memphis man gives a complete stranger a Christmas present like on other, the gift of life.

Saturday, the Inman family is all smiles, joyful, after a hard week. Last Friday, they got a call, their husband and father had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital.

"It was one of those experiences that happen to someone else. I wouldn't get that phone call someone else would." said Ronda Inman, her husband had the hear attack.

That morning, a known to be healthy 50 year old Phil Inman was stacking shelves at this convenience store on Jackson.

"He was right here and I passed him, then I heard something, when I turned around he was crashing hard right here." gestured John Toles, or "JT" as he's called. JT works at the store, he immediately started doing CPR on Inman, who turned blue.

"I kept giving him chest compressions, his heart had literally stopped." said Toles.

The store's owner called 911 while JT worked for several minutes until paramedics arrived.

"I didn't give up. I kept talking to him, 'don't leave me now brother, don't work me like this here, I kept working, and working hard." said Toles.

The hero used to work at local hospitals as a janitor, he learned CPR just by watching.

"We know God orchestrated all of this, he used JT's skill, his clear mind, courage and kindness." said Ronda Inman.

JT, stopped by the hospital to see if his new friend was alright, and in turn, met the family that now calls him their hero.

"My mom said, 'that's what an angel looks like, and I couldn't argue." said Grayson Inman, Inman's son.

"I texted my friends when I found out CPR saved his life, I said, it comes in handy guys." said Bailey Inman, Inman's daughter."

Now the entire family is looking to take CPR classes and they urge everyone to do the same. They say the skill is a blessing.

"There's ipods, there's phones there's whatever,, but your dad?! That trumps them all, we are about to go back there and put a bow on his head, because he's our Christmas gift ." said Graham Inman, Inman's son.

A gift they wouldn't have without JT.

"That was enough for me, to see he was going to be alright." said JT.

A modest hero.

"God sent JT to our family as a gift, and he will always be part of our family." said Ronda Inman.

Inman is recovering in the hospital after open heart surgery.
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-...1224,0,2873231.story

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is so much negative news these days it is very encouraging and refreshing to find good news.

Man saves stranger's life in convenience store

FAST FACTS

A man gives a stranger CPR in Memphis convenience store
CPR saved man's life, after his heart stopped beating
Family encouraging everyone to learn CPR

(Memphis 12/24/2011) A Memphis man gives a complete stranger a Christmas present like on other, the gift of life.

Saturday, the Inman family is all smiles, joyful, after a hard week. Last Friday, they got a call, their husband and father had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital.

"It was one of those experiences that happen to someone else. I wouldn't get that phone call someone else would." said Ronda Inman, her husband had the hear attack.

That morning, a known to be healthy 50 year old Phil Inman was stacking shelves at this convenience store on Jackson.

"He was right here and I passed him, then I heard something, when I turned around he was crashing hard right here." gestured John Toles, or "JT" as he's called. JT works at the store, he immediately started doing CPR on Inman, who turned blue.

"I kept giving him chest compressions, his heart had literally stopped." said Toles.

The store's owner called 911 while JT worked for several minutes until paramedics arrived.

"I didn't give up. I kept talking to him, 'don't leave me now brother, don't work me like this here, I kept working, and working hard." said Toles.

The hero used to work at local hospitals as a janitor, he learned CPR just by watching.

"We know God orchestrated all of this, he used JT's skill, his clear mind, courage and kindness." said Ronda Inman.

JT, stopped by the hospital to see if his new friend was alright, and in turn, met the family that now calls him their hero.

"My mom said, 'that's what an angel looks like, and I couldn't argue." said Grayson Inman, Inman's son.

"I texted my friends when I found out CPR saved his life, I said, it comes in handy guys." said Bailey Inman, Inman's daughter."

Now the entire family is looking to take CPR classes and they urge everyone to do the same. They say the skill is a blessing.

"There's ipods, there's phones there's whatever,, but your dad?! That trumps them all, we are about to go back there and put a bow on his head, because he's our Christmas gift ." said Graham Inman, Inman's son.

A gift they wouldn't have without JT.

"That was enough for me, to see he was going to be alright." said JT.

A modest hero.

"God sent JT to our family as a gift, and he will always be part of our family." said Ronda Inman.

Inman is recovering in the hospital after open heart surgery.
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-...1224,0,2873231.story

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Great story!

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts