Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I put it in the crossover pipe. And can I weld this in with a mig welder. If y'all have pics where y'all put yours. Post up. Thanks.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I don't have a good picture of a O2s but the bung needs to be installed between 10 and 2 o'clock. This keeps condensation from damaging the sensor. I have dual cats with two bungs on the driverside, one for the future 05 PCM and the other for the w/band. after the cat on the cross over I have the rear O2s. Passenger side I have one O2s for the PCM.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You have headers? Mine's in the D/S collector on my Dynatech's. It has to be before the cat if you still have them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have shorty headers. I can get it at 1200, but is it ok in the crossover pipe. Would be roughly 12" from driver side header output.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I have shorty headers. I can get it at 1200, but is it ok in the crossover pipe. Would be roughly 12" from driver side header output.

Yes, closer to the engine the better.

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
Yes closer the better but minimum 12" from head port hole. Keep at 10-2 position and before catts. Mine is in my Y where they come together but I have no catts so doesn't matter at all for me

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Yes, all you have is the shorty's and the Y pipe. And closer to the engine (exhaust port) the better.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok going to get this installed today finally. Help me decide location. In the ypipe or driver side crossover pipe. Which one for better results. Both places are before the cat.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I have LT's but just added a bung, actually going to add a O2s to the header collector which now has a w/band sensor in it and move the w/band to the new bung. Hopefully that made sense. Anyway weld the bung in somewhere between 10 and 2 o'clock to prevent condensation from building on it and as close as you can to the engine (exh port}. And of course you have to reach it and beable to weld it properly. Might have to pull the cross over to get it right.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got that part. Lol. But just having a hard time why u would install it on the driver side where it only reads that side and not a mix from both sides of the engine.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I got that part. Lol. But just having a hard time why u would install it on the driver side where it only reads that side and not a mix from both sides of the engine.
Sampling one side is good for both sides. The 03 with only one O2s doesn't need to sample both sides. 04 and above uses two probably to better meet emissions. Of course the extreme going the other way is to have a sensor on each cylinder which the Megasquirt can support. Trust me it is how all LT's are setup on 03's.

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
One or both sides it doesn't matter works the same! The way I see it if it's in the Y pipe you get both sides same time so if there a lean spot you woudnt know which side it was but if it's in one side its a good bet it's the entire engine or the single bank the issue! That's how I look at it. It's a tuning device and AFR monitor is all I prefer so for side myself but anywhere that's works is fine for use!

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I actually have the O2s on the passenger side and the w/band on the driver's side. But like Keith said any side is good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts