Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was our Fire Departments Car Show.

It is the second year for it in memory of our good friend Bob Otis. Bob passed away 2 years ago.

The 1958 Mack pumper was restored by Bob in his shop and completed four years before his passing.

The turnout wasn't as good as we would have liked, the weather was a little spotty.

Take a look at my friend Ron's 1958 Dodge Coronet.

Built by a farmer in Washington County, NY in 1960, it has a 1957 354 cubic inch Hemi under the hood.

This car was designed to do one thing only...run.

When I-87 was being built in the late 50's and early 1960's, he would race this car for money on the unopened sections of the interstate.

As the story is told, the car was never beaten in a drag race or top end race while he owned it.

Ron spend many years bringing the Dodge back to it's original condition. A job well done.

And I wanted to share it with you folks here.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today was our Fire Departments Car Show.

It is the second year for it in memory of our good friend Bob Otis. Bob passed away 2 years ago.

The 1958 Mack pumper was restored by Bob in his shop and completed four years before his passing.

The turnout wasn't as good as we would have liked, the weather was a little spotty.

Take a look at my friend Ron's 1958 Dodge Coronet.

Built by a farmer in Washington County, NY in 1960, it has a 1957 354 cubic inch Hemi under the hood.

This car was designed to do one thing only...run.

When I-87 was being built in the late 50's and early 1960's, he would race this car for money on the unopened sections of the interstate.

As the story is told, the car was never beaten in a drag race or top end race while he owned it.

Ron spend many years bringing the Dodge back to it's original condition. A job well done.

And I wanted to share it with you folks here.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
it has a 1957 354 cubic inch Hemi under the hood
Not that it really matters, but, the 1956 was a 354, the 1957 was a 392. The lack of water passages on the front of the heads, indicate the motor, (or heads), are 1956, or earlier.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Now that's a good story!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts