Hemi Truck Club banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Slow Memeber
5,513 Posts
I think I’d be sad to loose my beer holders if I did a manual swap. They work great, not so much for a big fountain drink from the gas station tho.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I think I’d be sad to loose my beer holders if I did a manual swap. They work great, not so much for a big fountain drink from the gas station tho.
Nannyberg gets elected you won't be allowed to buy that BIG GULP ...LOL

·
Tyler
591 Posts
I have an update on this. I have been in numerous conversations with Sound German Automotive and have decided this swap is going to happen. I have a console from a 2019 test fitted with a shifter from a Charger. I will be trying my hand at customizing some trim for better fitment and see how it goes. Also the transmission is on it's way, it was extremely hard to find a two wheel drive truck transmission north of the border so I have one coming out of Portland and should arrive in a week or two. So far so good.

·
Red Trucker
247 Posts
I have an update on this. I have been in numerous conversations with Sound German Automotive and have decided this swap is going to happen. I have a console from a 2019 test fitted with a shifter from a Charger. I will be trying my hand at customizing some trim for better fitment and see how it goes. Also the transmission is on it's way, it was extremely hard to find a two wheel drive truck transmission north of the border so I have one coming out of Portland and should arrive in a week or two. So far so good.
Gonna be one helluva first gear with those 4.56's...might wanna think about a gear change or tire company investment lol.

·
Tyler
591 Posts
Gonna be one helluva first gear with those 4.56's...might wanna think about a gear change or tire company investment lol.
I have a set of 3.91's going in. Actually I haven't decided if I will use those or buy 4.10's. I will cross that bridge eventually.

·
Red Trucker
247 Posts
I have a set of 3.91's going in. Actually I haven't decided if I will use those or buy 4.10's. I will cross that bridge eventually.
I have a D60 w/4.56's....I was actually contemplating a 3.54, if they make that gear set for this particular version.

·
Red Trucker
247 Posts

·
Proud Canadian
96 Posts
I have done this swap already into my 04. if you are going 2wd, don't use a truck transmission, use one from a car so you can do manual shifting. i used a tranny from a challenger..

I have an update on
this. I have been in numerous conversations with Sound German Automotive and have decided this swap is going to happen. I have a console from a 2019 test fitted with a shifter from a Charger. I will be trying my hand at customizing some trim for better fitment and see how it goes. Also the transmission is on it's way, it was extremely hard to find a two wheel drive truck transmission north of the border so I have one coming out of Portland and should arrive in a week or two. So far so good.

·
Proud Canadian
96 Posts
I should have mentioned that you can start off in second gear. with 4.56's a second gear launch is what you want to do. it is still deeper than 1st on the 545rfe (3.14 vs 3.00) and i find the truck to be quicker not using first on hard launches.

going full throttle at any point in first just spins the tires, then it will let the tires go on the shift and keep spinning through second. of course stomping it from a stop in 2nd will just knock the tires off too, but if you do an appropriate launch or hit it from a roll then you're fine. i get a bit of spin on the 2-3 but not enough to warrant backing off the throttle, and on the 3-4 it let's the tires go a little but it isn't noticeable, I just see the quick spike in driveshaft speed in the datalogs.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Imteresting, I dropped from 4:10 to 3:92 with tall 31" tires. It gives a good highway rpm/gear using a 46re trans. What converter stall do you use?

·
Proud Canadian
96 Posts
Imteresting, I dropped from 4:10 to 3:92 with tall 31" tires. It gives a good highway rpm/gear using a 46re trans. What converter stall do you use?

it is just the stock challenger converter, i believe they're around 2200-2300 but don't quote me on it. i saw the number somewhere online once but I don't remember what it was. low 2000s anyways. I do wonder if a high stall converter would make enough of a difference to justify the expense, seeing as though aside from launch it stays locked basically all the time.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts