Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
David
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good place to order these? Part number? I found some on Summit that said 5.7/6.1 are they the same? They come in a set of 4. Do I need 4 or 8? Thanks for the help. 05 Hemi

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 5.7 lifters, and 6.1 lifters are the same part.

You need 16 lifters if you do them all. Considering the heads have to come off to replace them. You might as well replace them all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is kind of misleading isn't it. I'm not sure if that is all 16, or just 4.

Normally all 16 lifter would cost around $300. Being it's Summit, I'd say that's just for 4 lifters. Call them, or live chat is all I can say at this point.

ETA: Found it. It's only 4 lifters.
Notes: Tappets and retainer fits 2003-08 5.7L Hemi w/o MDS and 6.1L Hemi. Includes 4 tappets with 1 retainer. Order (2) pieces to convert 5.7L engines with Multiple Displacement Systems (MDS) to Non-MDS.
You should be able to find Mopar lifters on Ebay for around $250-$300 for all 16.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191414521336?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
John
4,113 Posts
That would be expensive lifters at $800.00. I think this is advertised for those of us who have MDS. I would need to order 2 sets to convert my MDS lifters to non-MDS lifters. I guess the lifter retainer is different from regular lifters and those that are MDS.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That looks like a good choice. I think those are the EngineTech lifters. Which for the Hemi work well. A lot of other motors have problems with them from what I understand.

I've used EngineTech lifters in a couple Hemi's with great results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That looks like a good choice. I think those are the EngineTech lifters. Which for the Hemi work well. A lot of other motors have problems with them from what I understand.

I've used EngineTech lifters in a couple Hemi's with great results.
Hey I have a question regarding EngineTech lifters. Did you notice a drop in idle oil pressure with these?
I'm asking because I plan on using them on a 392 and was wondering whether I need to use a high volume oil pump to compensate for the pressure loss due to the design changes in these lifters.
Thanks!

·
David
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey I have a question regarding EngineTech lifters. Did you notice a drop in idle oil pressure with these?
I'm asking because I plan on using them on a 392 and was wondering whether I need to use a high volume oil pump to compensate for the pressure loss due to the design changes in these lifters.
Thanks!
I didn't notice any drop in oil pressure. They did have a slight louder "tick" than the factory lifters. I did install the oil pump from the 6.1 Hemi.

·
John
4,113 Posts
Thanks!
Font Rectangle Art Brand Graphics Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Grille

1 - 15 of 15 Posts