Hemi Truck Club banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Sorry for late response. Yes got everything running. I had a lazy tumbler. I had to wiggle and little give and turned over. Transmission is awesome. Very firm shifts. Have about 9k miles on trans. Still all good. The only issue is the 06’ pcm TIPM for reverse lights which I haven’t tackled yet. Martin has been great.
Good to hear. Im hoping to get mine before the end of March. Did you have to replace your starter with a mini starter?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
No, let me get back to you on that. It’s a starter for a particular year(was AC delco) granted it was $120 but no need for mini starter. The amateur is just positioned more favorable if have longtubes. For 06-08 rams I believe you need the trans mount and adapter from 09+ ram models. The same rule goes as always sand the end of torque converter and lube so it slides into crank. When bolts are in bellhousing make sure converter slides in and out. You don’t want it to bind when tightening converter to flexplate. Don’t know if he’s able to, maybe ask to weld a bung on(stock pan with drain plug) if you care to have a trans temp gauge installed. I don’t have one, prob will do in future. Took it on long drives, very happy with it.

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Im having Keith take care of the install part. Im working on getting everything i need for a smooth install. The starter would be helpful. Martin mentioned I would need the flex plate and starter. Which adaptor? Where did you find yours?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Starter should be denso 280-4256

I think they cross referenced and got me an AC delco. Got it from autozone.
Flexplate was from transmission center

Your going to have to trim a piece of your block so the starter sits snug. I’ve tried doing it without cutting but there’s no way around it. Wasn’t a big deal with die grinder.

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
Backup lights are not difficult.. I used an 30a automotive relay triggered by the reverse switch.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Carbon

Reactions: RAM4

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
Thought you were already up and running..
Liquid Fluid Automotive lighting Material property Gas
Automotive tire Rim Wood Automotive wheel system Circle

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
You will need a electrical plug for the transmission, often refered to as a repair plug (pig tail) or a used one from a salvage yard. The three pins on the trans (picture posted above) are 12v (switch ignition),
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot
N/P and Backup. Connect this to VTBK wire (03 Ram) coming from backup lights. The backup lights have a common ground with brakelights and turn signals. Your wiring color maybe different depending on year of truck...
Rectangle Wood Font Wall Schematic

Reactions: arocketman

·
Ariel
842 Posts

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
Yes, I used a plug. It was as a repair pigtail. Sorry not sure, maybe local parts house..
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

Reactions: arocketman

·
Ariel
842 Posts

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
That looks like it'll fit..
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Carbon

41 - 52 of 52 Posts