Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you, if anyone has a 46re dipstick tube for sale please let me know. I’ve been on hunt for 2 months and haven’t seen one for sale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, I’ve come across 2 problems.
1. ARH hitting starter.
2. B&m stealth shift linkage bracket does not work with 46re.
I don’t want to spend another $150 on a mini starter that can be adjusted to not work unless somewhere here has a definitive answer? Anyone do the 46re swap with ARH headers?

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
Those are some nice headers. I know it will hurt to do it but is a small dent out of the ? .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Is anyone familiar with 2006 TIPM circuit? Apparently different than earlier models. With a 46re swap it’s been done but I don’t believe for an 06 model. Both pics shows different values. There’s no back up lamp pin. I’ve read it gets feedback from Transmission range selector. I’ve gotten a schematic from Martin saine, but his setup is geared towards earlier model and not the 06’ TIPM. I’m not exactly electrical savvy and don’t want to fry the TCM or TIPM. Haven’t connected neutral safety switch seeing as I don’t know where to get 12v and back up reverence. Any help?

These schematics is what Martin sent me

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
I've posted several times on this thread including pictures. Nothing appears to be sticking. A smaller starter is a 05 manual trans starter. Won't load picture tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The starter isn’t the issue. I’ve remedy that with a past post of yours that had a lokar cable. Everything is done except the last post of the neutral safety plugging into pin 4 on the 545rfe. The 06” rams use a different TIPM than yours or previous models. There is no 12v on pin 1 and no reverse on pin 6. As of now it won’t turn over. I tried jumping the starter and it will turn over but will not start. I’m at a loss with this disaster.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
You are close to completion. Unfortunately I don't know the wiring on the 06. Going from your pcm to the tipm there should be a ground sense when in P/N. This wire supplies the ground sense to the starter circuit in the tipm. I would connect the p/n switch (ground sense) on your 46re to that wire. This will allow you to crank and start the engine. C23 keeps coming to mind but my memory is shot. So I will try look it up.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
The starter circuit looks like this... all you need fto crank
20170525_104803.jpg
is connect your 46re p/n to the tipm to supply the ground sense to the starter circuit.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
The drawing is 05, but the circuit is the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
ive Connected the neutral ground to the pin #4 which is the P/N. I’m getting power from ignition switch to relay(pin 85) but when I turn it over barely getting 1 volt to pin 86 for the starter relay. I removed relay and jumped it with probe and it clicks(checked Ohms for resistance) none. If I bypass and jump the connector for starter relay it’ll crank but won’t turn over. I’m not sure if the TIPM requires reference from TCM to start? Excuse my ignorance this is all new to me. Both the factory OD connector and brake shift depressor solenoid that are located by column shifter are disconnected. Would that cause a no start? I have not connected the 8pin connector for 46re to anything seeing as I assumed the 3 pin neutral safety switch is the only thing needed just to start it up. I’m still looking into this. If anyone comes across anything helpful please relay any information. I don’t want to give up on this truck.
This is the diagram of the 06’ 545rfe 23 pin.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I didn’t see post #29, I’ll go further into it. I’ve run 12v from cigarette lighter to left Side terminal(NSS). Pin #4 to middle pin(neutral). Hypothetically if I reversed and gave 12v to reverse rather than the 12v would this cause a no start? I’m getting fuel just not starting. Even jumping starter. This is the reading I’m getting from starter relay behind TIPM.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I know your busy, but if you have the time I’ll pay for your service in advance to get this running. Trucks been down 4 months. Spent a lot of money to get here and the wife ain’t too happy. I’m not savvy when it comes to electrical, especially with this whole TIPM and immobilizer thing. I’ve even tried calling 2 shops to take a look and neither want to get involved considering they think it’s a headache. If you have the time just let me know how much I’ll forward the money and please help me get this running. Thank you if anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off, did you end up swapping PCMs or TIPMs? If so you need to make sure the correct VIN is stored in them. If your TIPM (and maybe PCM) has the wrong VIN your sentry key immobilizer most likely will result in a no-start condition. You'll have to make sure that the PCM and TIPM VIN match your original VIN or change the immobilizer module (SKIM)'s VIN. The perks of having a CAN-bus truck lol. Pretty sure it can be done using AlfaOBD and a good scantool, just don't bank on dealerships being able to do much of anything

Also I don't believe you can "jump" the starter to get it running. It'll crank, but to get fuel and sparks you'll have to do it the way the PCM wants you to

Anyways if it helps you out any, I've uploaded a few pictures of the 2006 service manual. This is for the starter wiring, which looks similar to what you posted earlier.

and here's the wiring for the RFE.

As charged392 said grounding the yellow/dark blue wire that comes from the PCM and goes into Pin #4 should work. All you're doing is essentially telling the PCM you're in park/neutral all the time, so you'll have to be careful and not start the truck in gear. If you've done that and you're still not getting a crank, then something else may be causing your no-start issue. Whats your current situation?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts