Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stu
21,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions for you Jay.

If I put KRC210(5.7) camshaft in a 392 stroker engine. The camshaft would "more or less" treat the stroker part of the engine like it a 345 displacement? Not using the full displacement of the stroker? Sort of de-tuning the stroker????

And then when I'm ready for tuning the stroker engine. (Not completely sure if the 390 stroker boost tune is good or not). Change to the stroker/turbo camshaft for tuning of the full displacement of the stroker engine.

Please, be gentle Jay.

·
Stu
21,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have some questions for you Jay.

If I put KRC210(5.7) camshaft in a 392 stroker engine. The camshaft would "more or less" treat the stroker part of the engine like it a 345 displacement? Not using the full displacement of the stroker? Sort of de-tuning the stroker????

And then when I'm ready for tuning the stroker engine. (Not completely sure if the 390 stroker boost tune is good or not). Change to the stroker/turbo camshaft for tuning of the full displacement of the stroker engine.

Please, be gentle Jay.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
The camshaft would "more or less" treat the stroker part of the engine like it a 345 displacement? Not using the full displacement of the stroker? Sort of de-tuning the stroker????
No. The cam doesn't know, or care what displacement motor it is in. It opens at a set time, opens a set amount, and closes at a set time.

·
Stu
21,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Superjay:
The cam doesn't know, or care what displacement motor it is in.

Basically, what I'm not sure of Jay. I want to use the KRC210 cam and the KRC 5.7 turbo tune with the 392 stroker short block. The KRC tune and 210 cam works well with the turbo on the 349 engine.

Will the 392 stroker short block, work with the KRC210 cam without having to change the KRC 5.7 turbo tune???????

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
Adding cubic inches, to any motor, will make the cam that is in that motor, seem more mild!

·
Stu
21,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hummmmm....

We already know that the 03 computer is limited to certain performance mods. Wonder how the computer will react to this set up?

Would the vacuum increase due to the 4.050 stroker crankshaft?

Would the engine make a little more HP/TQ due to the extra leverage on the 4.050 stroker crankshaft compared to the stock 3.580 stroke while still using the KRC210 cam?

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
Originally posted by Superjay:
Adding cubic inches, to any motor, will make the cam that is in that motor, seem more mild!
Absolutely. I had a big stick in a 355 sbc and it was horrible on the street. We put in a 400 motor and it was sweet. Cubic inches tames big cams.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
Would the vacuum increase due to the 4.050 stroker crankshaft?
Most likely.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
Would the engine make a little more HP/TQ due to the extra leverage on the 4.050 stroker crankshaft
No, but the extra cubic inches, will.

·
Stu
21,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping the extra cubic inches wont require the KRC tune to need adjustment.

That's why I'm looking to install the KRC210 cam. Looking to also test with the original 390 stroker mild 5psi boost tune. If needed, will install the 390 stroker mild turbo cam. And go from there.

Thanks Jay and Greg.

PS. Also repairing the 349 short block as a back up engine. Never know what could happen.

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
Originally posted by Ghost03hemi:
I'm hoping the extra cubic inches wont require the KRC tune to need adjustment.

That's why I'm looking to install the KRC210 cam. Looking to also test with the original 390 stroker mild 5psi boost tune. If needed, will install the 390 stroker mild turbo cam. And go from there.

Thanks Jay and Greg.

PS. Also repairing the 349 short block as a back up engine. Never know what could happen.
IMO, I would compare the spec's on the two cams and go with the bigger stick. The 390, to me sounds like what I would use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts