Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a HEM, but I need help quick on this one. I was ordering parts for my friends truck and he is now gone away until next week, no way to contact him. I have all his truck info but I'm stuck on one thing.
I need to know if his truck is 2 wheel ABS or 4 wheel ABS. I have his VIN#, can this be determined by the vin?

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Club-Cab, 2 door, 2WD, 5.9L 360 Magnum, 8 Lug 16" wheels

If anyone has info on this, please help me out.

THANKS !

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know this is not a HEM, but I need help quick on this one. I was ordering parts for my friends truck and he is now gone away until next week, no way to contact him. I have all his truck info but I'm stuck on one thing.
I need to know if his truck is 2 wheel ABS or 4 wheel ABS. I have his VIN#, can this be determined by the vin?

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Club-Cab, 2 door, 2WD, 5.9L 360 Magnum, 8 Lug 16" wheels

If anyone has info on this, please help me out.

THANKS !

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Look at the brake lines that go to each front caliper. if there is a loomed wire running along it, then you have 4 wheel ABS. if you only have a brake line there, then it is 2 wheel ABS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'd like to add that on my 05 1500 with rear wheel ABS, there was a secondary line that was on the drivers side and not the passenger. I'm not sure what it is or why it's only on that side.

If the drivers side brake hose has a brake line in the top and bottom (of the end opposite the caliper) of the hose, then it's rear wheel (or 2wheel) ABS.
If there is only one brake line coming out of the top of said end, then it's 4 wheel ABS.
The passenger side seems not to matter. I believe the hoses are the same. 4 wheel ABS hoses have extra clips on them.
Found this out the hard way today. Ordered the wrong part.

A dealer might be able to check with a VIN #.
My dealer quoted me a price of $439. for a left side brake hose. Not installed, just the part.!!!
After I said 'good luck with that' I hung up and called Advance and got it for $53. Both hoses, calipers, and some juice, $200 OTD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts