Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Ram tops out at 103 mph. The dealer just said that's strange. Do they come from the factory governed at 103???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your dealer don’t know Rams, yes it is limited,sorry. It will need an unlocked ecm and a tuner, then it can be raised if wanted.

·
Super Moderator
10,652 Posts
Welcome to our Hemi Truck Family. (y)

·
Red Trucker
226 Posts
Change your tires first. There's a very good reason it's governed to 103 (my 03 was 105).

·
Red Trucker
226 Posts
It came with Gooodyear 20's.
Now that I know the top speed, I'll stay at 75/80! No need for anymore embarrassed
Stock Goodyears are generally shit (mine were). Your problem is it's probably a royal pain to even try to change it because any kind of tune loading requires an unlocked PCM and that expense isn't really worth it unless theres a whole lot of other changes to go with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock Goodyears are generally shit (mine were). Your problem is it's probably a royal pain to even try to change it because any kind of tune loading requires an unlocked PCM and that expense isn't really worth it unless theres a whole lot of other changes to go with it.
I don't feel bad as I just learned that the 702HP TRX is limited to 118mph. We ALMOST bought one but The $82500 price and color turned us off. I did test drive it and believe it's capable to turning a 12 second quarter mile, stock.

·
Red Trucker
226 Posts
I don't feel bad as I just learned that the 702HP TRX is limited to 118mph. We ALMOST bought one but The $82500 price and color turned us off. I did test drive it and believe it's capable to turning a 12 second quarter mile, stock.
For the same reason.....big ass expensive offroad tires aren't speed rated lol. The listed time I saw was 12.7 sec @ 106.3 mph......literally not much under the limiter.

·
Registered
769 Posts
A bit off topic but the Rumble Bee came with stock Goodyear 20's and speed aside I got 57000 miles out of them. I now run Cooper Zeon's @20.

·
Registered
769 Posts
A bit 😆 😆 😆 😆
I dont know what Coopers cost in the USA, but I paid $500nz each for them Thats $US360 a tyre.
i dont know your average values there but here in NZ 17 years old with 85000 miles The truck still has a market value of NZ$40000 which is $US28600.
A real deal Hellcat here is $NZ200000 plus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts