Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got finished installing a Comp Cam in a buddies truck. The original went flat because of a failed lifter. We installed a Comp HRT216/222 for a little extra torque and elected to install hellcat lifters along with new springs (the whole kit). Now I need help with a tune. We are in So Cal and are looking for options. Any help or direction is appreciated. Not looking to maximize power just looking for a little more and reliability
Thanks

· Red Trucker
344 Posts
"Hellcat" lifters are just the 2015+ latest part number non-MDS lifter (same one that goes into every stick shift 5.7 & 6.4 car as well). Hope you didn't pay the "Hellcat" tax lol? As stated though, you are going to run into issues as CA tightens up even more than they already have.

· Registered
2004 GTX
79 Posts
Just got finished installing a Comp Cam in a buddies truck. The original went flat because of a failed lifter. We installed a Comp HRT216/222 for a little extra torque and elected to install hellcat lifters along with new springs (the whole kit). Now I need help with a tune. We are in So Cal and are looking for options. Any help or direction is appreciated. Not looking to maximize power just looking for a little more and reliability
Thanks
I now I'm late to the party on this one....the cam he chose is a relatively small cam. duration is similar to the SRT392 cam, I did one for a customer who lives in CommeFornia. broke down here in Allentown, needed to get back home. I used the 392 manual cam specs for the NN trainer and weights , Leave the 1st 4 cells of the training table (exh cam max/min int cam max/min) stock , copied all the weight tables over and he's doing fine for the last 2 years in the land of Hell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts