Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ric3xrt - thank you sir. That's why I post here... To make use of everyone's experience. Conjecture is just that without experience. Worst case, I can lock the eagle ram intake into long runner mode. I'm not a eacer. I shouldnt have much need for the short runner configuration.

Now another question - are eagle injectors and pre-eagle injectors different lengths? Are they interchangeable? If not, I just wasted $150 on used SRT8 injectors.

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Lets consider what a PWM signal does. It's output is 12v divided into pulses. Lets say 0-1000, 0 pulse, no output, as pulses increases more voltage is felt on the motor being controlled. If 12v is put to the motor then it is at it's max position whether it be a WG or manifold runner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
PWM allows precise positioning of a stepper motor as well as position feedback. If it's PWM, that tells me that either the short and long runners can be used in conjunction when in a gray area (like a mixer door on your HVAC) or that the ECM needs feedback on where the "mixer door" is positioned at all times. Since you can lock the intake into the long runner mode all the time, that is most likely what I will do. Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
PWM allows precise positioning of a stepper motor as well as position feedback. If it's PWM, that tells me that either the short and long runners can be used in conjunction when in a gray area (like a mixer door on your HVAC) or that the ECM needs feedback on where the "mixer door" is positioned at all times. Since you can lock the intake into the long runner mode all the time, that is most likely what I will do. Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
What you said is correct, what I said is the motor can also be turned on/off by simply applying voltage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The stock injectors will not flow enough for a stroker motor. You will need to step them up
I'm new to all of this but i have a 07 Ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.7 out of a 05 stroked to 392cid with a comp cam part # 112-202-11 Adv. Dur. .273 INT .279 EXH [email protected] .050 220 INT 230 EXH LOBE 113.0 VALVE LIFT .596 INT .582 EXH long tube headers no cats every thing else is stock the truck has 6" lift with 37 x 12.5 x 20 tires. I have the motor it runs and drives but every time I come to a stop it dies i can start it back up and take off until i stop again I figured it needs a tune I've been trying to get someone to tune it but one of the tuners told me that the dyeing every time I stop problem needed to be fixed first I've changed the crank position sensor checked for vacuum leaks tried the throttle body relearn I'm going to change the cam position sensor next. but is there anything else i need to do, is it cuz I haven't tuned it, is it he stock injectors anybody have any ideas Thanks

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
A stroker motor with that cam as you have found out doesn't run properly on the stock tune. As already stated larger injectors and custom tune is needed. You will need to read Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) and Trims.. my recommendation is talk to Charged392 and get a startup tune. This will get you running..

·
Registered
2 Posts
A stroker motor with that cam as you have found out doesn't run properly on the stock tune. As already stated larger injectors and custom tune is needed. You will need to read Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) and Trims.. my recommendation is talk to Charged392 and get a startup tune. This will get you running..
Thanks I get ahold of Charged392

·
John
4,135 Posts
I'm new to all of this but i have a 07 Ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.7 out of a 05 stroked to 392cid with a comp cam part # 112-202-11 Adv. Dur. .273 INT .279 EXH [email protected] .050 220 INT 230 EXH LOBE 113.0 VALVE LIFT .596 INT .582 EXH long tube headers no cats every thing else is stock the truck has 6" lift with 37 x 12.5 x 20 tires. I have the motor it runs and drives but every time I come to a stop it dies i can start it back up and take off until i stop again I figured it needs a tune I've been trying to get someone to tune it but one of the tuners told me that the dyeing every time I stop problem needed to be fixed first I've changed the crank position sensor checked for vacuum leaks tried the throttle body relearn I'm going to change the cam position sensor next. but is there anything else i need to do, is it cuz I haven't tuned it, is it he stock injectors anybody have any ideas Thanks
Font Rectangle Art Brand Graphics Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Grille

21 - 29 of 29 Posts