Hemi Truck Club banner

2005 Rumble Bee

968 Views 22 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Rays04GTX
I'm looking at buying a 2005 2 WD Rumble Bee. 2nd swarm. I'm not familiar with the earlier generation trucks or Pre Eagle Hemi. The truck has a new Jasper engine in it. Total mileage on the truck is 145,000. Engine has less than 1,000 on it since install. A few questions- Does the Pre Eagle engines have the breaking exhaust studs like the newer ones do? What about the transmission? Good and bad? It will be a daily driver. So it won't be extensively modded. Maybe exhaust, and lite tune. Any information is appreciated.
1 - 6 of 23 Posts
@ Rays04GTX Thanks for the information. Not to bad of a swap. What about towing with the stock tranny? Any issues there?
545's (this picture was the 3rd trans, currently on my 4th) can do all sorts of things until they don't lol....this is 4400 lbs plus trailer across 150 miles:
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
See less See more
Reactions: 2
You don't want 4.56's if you're gonna do an 8sp, 3.92's are more than enough with that trans. 4.56's would make 1st gear unusable.
Reactions: 1
oh i’m staying with 3.92 gears. I was meaning 4.56 gears are a great upgrade for guys with a 545
They are, unfortunately I am having to look at gearing down when I eventually do that swap.
What gear do they come with? Is it a suregrip?
3.92's were automatically selected with the addition of 20" wheels (in addition to the PS cooler) on the build sheet, so you can pretty much say all Bees came with 3.92's. LSD is hit or miss.
DCX should of put the Nag1 in these trucks from the get go.....
Would've been in time for the 2004 MY....03's would've been screwed lol.
Irony is DCX looked into using the "5g-tronic" (NAG1 as we know it) for the 98 Ram's they felt the 46RE was too restrictive and a determent towards city mileage, but management felt replacing the USA made 727 based trans would of had a negative affect on sales, they took the Germany owned US Car manufacture very seriously in the early days.
Figures....I would've been MUCH happier with a NAG1.
1 - 6 of 23 Posts