Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. I used the search option and not real sure if I totally understand this..

I want to level my 2003 ram. I just crank the torshion bars to bring up the front.. do I need to buy shocks for a lifted vehicle or can I use stock replacement shocks?

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Welcome to the HTC! Yes, you can just crank your t-bar keys, but don't try to get more than 2"-2.5" of lift out of them. You'll want Bilstein 5125 series shocks (P/N BE5-6140-T5 front, BE5-6248-H5 rear) plus 14.4mm bushings and sleeves (x6).

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
do ya need an alignment after ya crank her?

<<Jay insert remark here >>

but then at 84,000 miles a alignment check might not be a bad idea EH?

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Yep.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Welcome aboard Double A Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
does the T-bar key trick work on 05s too? If so how do you do it? what happens if you leave you stock shocks in place afterwards?

·
Registered
958 Posts
We need a sticky on this.

Yes it works on an 05.

You can crank the stock keys at your own risk.

The stock keys are hollow and very lightly built.

You can use stock shocks, but depending on how much you level it, stock shocks can bottom out and cause a loud thump on bigger bumps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
does anyone know the factory height for an 03 rcsb? mine was 36 3/4 from the ground to the top of the wheel well. i think mine was lowered in the front by the previous owner. the back is 41 3/4 , i raised the front to 38 3/4 and it looks better but still has a noticable rake but it doesn't look like a 2 wheel drive anymore!

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Originally posted by lilpuu:
Originally posted by Freeze:
Yep.
I have a 2010 1500 Ram, can I lift my truck at a Max of 2" without anything else? I know nothing about this can you explain how to so it?
The IFS design hasn't changed much from 2006, so your cheapest option will be coil spring spacers. Better, but more expensive options would be the Rancho Quicklift or Bilstein ride-height adjustable 5100 series. Or, if you really want to go all-out, get the KORE system.

·
Registered
279 Posts
When I had my 03, I just cranked the keys up until the truck sat level. No allignment was needed and never replaced the shocks. I never had a problem. In fact it cured a problem I was having with bump steer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Right under about the middle of your door in the trans crossmember. Crank it up about 2 turns at a time, then bounce your front end up and down a few times, then measure from the ground to the fender. Repeat if needed and when you get to where you want it even on both sides take it for a drive, then measure it again to make sure its still even.

·
Registered
89 Posts
sweet thank you sir! do you happen to know if a 295/70/17 will fit after leveling? I'm looking at those nitto terra grappler tires for this upcoming winter!

·
Registered
89 Posts
whats the difference in leveling with cranking stock keys or adding like 2" leveling torsion keys? is there that big of a diff? like ride quality??

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Yes, the 295's will fit. The difference between stock and aftermarket keys is that you don't have to crank the latter as much to get the same lift.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts