Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 ram 5.7 picked up on a new issue I can’t figure out. In may 2022 I installed a Stage 2 HRT 220/230 Hydraulic Roller Cam kit (springs, lifters, etc)
Local tuner did the tuning and finally was set on a good tune for the truck. Went months on the tune no issues, then out of nowhere it would stall, progressively week after week some days it stalled others it didn’t and drove fine. Until it wouldn’t stay running after I started it and put it in gear. So then at that point I decided to change my plugs, (fouled) then it ran fine for like 2 days. Then it started it again but this time surging horribly then stalling. To the point where it wasn’t drivable. I then changed the throttle body, didn’t fix the issue, looked for vacuum leaks. I’m lost at this point. I’m getting suggestions locally that it could be my pcm. Got a temporary tune where it catches itself before it stalls for now so it’s drivable but on occasion it’ll surge but it’ll catch itself and won’t stall. Also, if I’m reversing the truck (sometimes) will surge and the throttle (lightning bolt) will come on, and I have to shut it off and turn it back on and it’s fine. Suggestions would be great:) thanks

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
You need to data log it for a tuner to see the trims and have them set minimum spark tables up
Higher. Surging will happen on a 2005 around idle to 1500 rpm if trims exceed 5%+-. I have since switched to Hp tuners for tuning but with CMR that was the biggest issue.

· Registered
2004 GTX
109 Posts
These ECU's are adaptive , tunes always need some tweaking. Do you still have the tune that was used when the cam was swapped ?
The other thing some people forget is depending on weather situations what works in May will need some some tweaking in Dec, as temps change so do some of the needs for a stable tune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts